Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Hunting TV shows

patmc81

I watch a good amount of hunting shows but most of them are starting to annoy me. A few exceptions are heartland bow hunter and major league bow hunter.

Longdraw

Central,Ohio
I can't watch any hunting shows anymore,they are so fake its sickening,,,,all they do is pimp outfitters none of them do there own hunts

patmc81

I like major league bow hunter because they show more of the hunt, even the painful missed opportunitys

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Heartland Bowhunter, Midwest Whitetail, Major League Bowhunter, Whitetail Freaks and the occasional Drury show are all I watch. Heartland is my favorite...

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
on your own adventures with randy newburg. all public land, no guides, no outfitters, all self scouted.
he mostly hunts out west, but occasionally hits a midwest whitetail hunt.

Not a fan of stan potts, but dominant bucks usually teaches you something.

I will watch just about any of the other shows if I cant find anything else on

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
I only watch online since we don't get any of the outdoor channels any more. Heartland Bowhunter & Midwest Whitetail are about all I watch. I'm not sure I like the new format for Midwest Whitetail though. Time will tell on that one

99% of the stuff on TV is crap from what I've seen over the years.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I got a good laugh this afternoon watching "Dead Down Wind" today. At the very end end of the episode host Tom Nelson was getting ready to enter a truck for a hunt and was plugging the ranch down in Texas he and his prostaff were hunting over bait on. The guide was on the other side of the truck(the driver of the truck) and Tom was introducing him as (Jose Garcia or something like that), saying how great a guide he was and that if there are any great shooter bucks he'll get you right on them. It was apparent he did NOT want to be on camera and delayed getting into the driver seat and when he finally did he got in facing away and when he did, he kept his large cowboy hat tilted down so you couldn't get a good look at him. With the cameraman standing outside the passenger side door filming Tom entering his seat after his pimping, ole Jose started driving away slowly while Tom was not yet in his seat.rotflmao

Fuggar is prolly over here illegally and ole Tom was about to blow his cover.haha

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I agree. I have mentioned on other forums that " Cuddeback " should not be allowed mentioned over 10 times on any given show...lol. With that said, I get more enjoyement anymore watching bowhunting on Youtube. I dispise the terms ..... prostaff, ranch, guides & last but least.... " give me a second ".

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I got a good laugh this afternoon watching "Dead Down Wind" today. At the very end end of the episode host Tom Nelson was getting ready to enter a truck for a hunt and was plugging the ranch down in Texas he and his prostaff were hunting over bait on. The guide was on the other side of the truck(the driver of the truck) and Tom was introducing him as (Jose Garcia or something like that), saying how great a guide he was and that if there are any great shooter bucks he'll get you right on them. It was apparent he did NOT want to be on camera and delayed getting into the driver seat and when he finally did he got in facing away and when he did, he kept his large cowboy hat tilted down so you couldn't get a good look at him. With the cameraman standing outside the passenger side door filming Tom entering his seat after his pimping, ole Jose started driving away slowly while Tom was not yet in his seat.rotflmao

Fuggar is prolly over here illegally and ole Tom was about to blow his cover.haha

Ha! Good stuff, Ric. It doesn't matter if he is illegal, no one wants to go to the effort of sending him home. :)