Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Beentowns trail cam log

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Dang Charles! I hate to hear that! A big fear that most of us contend with every year is poaching or vehicle collisions. Sucks ass no doubt!

JOHNROHIO

Participation Trophy Winner
That sucks Charles, I had that happen a few years ago. Local nosy cop would regularly be at my truck when I would come out at night, always wanting to get the scoop. I had never told him of the buck but, one night he pulls out his phone showed a pic of the deer in the ditch. It had been hit by a car the night before. Talk about taking the wind out of your sails. Sucks either way but hope its not him.

Last edited:

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Damn man, sure hope it wasn't him. If it was, be glad you know now and not after you devoted most of your season to him and after you let deer walk you'd have shot otherwise. I have my fingers crossed it wasn't him!

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Thanks all. I wasn't going to hold out long for him anyway. First buck that tickles my fancy is getting an arrow. I would take a slump buster....they taste good also. lol

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
What a bunch of crap! I hope it was not him or any of the other deer you were after Charles. If it was, then it was, but still a bummer.

Boone

*Supporting Member*
N.E. O-H-I-O
Hate to hear that. One spot I hunt is on a busy road. The landowner tells me every time he knows of one getting hit and I always cringe, hoping it's not one of our targets. Hope the rut brings you a different one!

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Nothing exciting just a short update:

The camera I had out for Spicoli had dead batteries. Wife said the "new" batteries were put backs that came out of a baby swing. Good news is I have three more does on the property. I only had 4 pics/videos total last year of any does (could have been the same on multiple times). I welcome the does and probably won't shoot anymore on this property again. Three more new bucks showed but they all were under 120".

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Good to hear the doe count is up this year on your property. I know it was slim last season. I've got a spot similar that had 1 doe & 2 fawns on it last fall. That's it. This year I'm getting pics of 2 does & 3 fawns. Still not planning on killing any does off of this property, maybe next fall depending on inventory after the season. Good luck buddy. I look forward to helping you drag out a monster buck this fall!!

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Dang my cams got hit this week! Spicoli is still around BTW. Still hasn't shed though.

I had 150 videos in 3 days and it filled up my card. Who knows what came through on the other 5 days. Gotta sort through them. None of them were shooters but I like the traffic since the cam is in a low deer density area. Gotta love apples and pears!

I hung a ladder stand and a Millennium bracket at this spot today. Going to try and shoot Spicoli here and see if the trail cam gets the video. Also, I will keep feeding here and maybe my girls can do a few short sits here.

Stoked that Spicoli is still alive and visiting! Got a pic of another nice buck also. Will add later. Here is a pic of the stand/Millennium bracket...

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1348341335759.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1348341335759.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 117

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Why are the pics so small coming from TapaTalk?

Here is Spicoli now and the stand that is over this camera...

Here is a few new guys...

Here is a better pic of the stand I have the best chance at a good buck this year...