Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Look at this crap

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
Probably out for a drunken joy ride. I wouldn't worry too much about it, unless it happens during late October and beyond. At least you have a decent pic to go on if things come up missing.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Look it up in the ORC. I just called our locals for some kids I had on dirt bikes not even an hour ago. Guess what they said? Sorry. If you are not legal land owner, we can't do squat. Guess what? I now have paperwork from the land owners giving me power to act on their behalf for this. PD also said "Land must be visibly posted." I said, "Great. Every time I post the properties they tear down the signs. Now what?" Also told me dirt bikes/ATV/UTV are allowed to ride the ditches on any unincorporated land. They can ride thru any property not posted. IF caught in the act, they get a warning. Caught a second time ("on posted property"), they get a ticket.

Lot of help that was.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Look it up in the ORC. I just called our locals for some kids I had on dirt bikes not even an hour ago. Guess what they said? Sorry. If you are not legal land owner, we can't do squat. Guess what? I now have paperwork from the land owners giving me power to act on their behalf for this. PD also said "Land must be visibly posted." I said, "Great. Every time I post the properties they tear down the signs. Now what?" Also told me dirt bikes/ATV/UTV are allowed to ride the ditches on any unincorporated land. They can ride thru any property not posted. IF caught in the act, they get a warning. Caught a second time ("on posted property"), they get a ticket.

Lot of help that was.
that dude just lied to you...the same duty we are obligated to have permission to be on said land applies to everyone.

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
IED
Claymore
hmmm, a little drastic...
maybe the nail strips would be a better idea

My guess is that this was probably a one-off and won't happen again.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
that dude just lied to you...the same duty we are obligated to have permission to be on said land applies to everyone.

I was scratching my head. If the property is posted, then they cannot trespass. Period. If they do and are caught, then charges should not be a problem. There should be no issues of pressing charges. What I am hearing is: Somebody just didn't want to do their job.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
I was scratching my head. If the property is posted, then they cannot trespass. Period. If they do and are caught, then charges should not be a problem. There should be no issues of pressing charges. What I am hearing is: Somebody just didn't want to do their job.

i would call your county prosecutor and ask them that question....be sure to tell them which officer told you that nonsense...

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
i would call your county prosecutor and ask them that question....be sure to tell them which officer told you that nonsense...

Ditto! This fuggin country needs to get back to law and order again! That girl looks to be alittle on the hefty side, maybe for punishment she and her BF can put up some hay or something, that's of course they get caught doing it again.