Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Big 8 from last years back

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
Been the SLOWEST year ive ever had with cameras this year.... I jumped this deer last year late in the season and thought Id see if he was back in the area, sure enough he is and he gained about 10-15 inches. Only buck I have worth going after right now, so hunting will be sparce!

JOHNROHIO

Participation Trophy Winner
Boy he has some nice g2,3s on his left side. Good luck on keeping up with him this fall. Hopefully with changing food sources in the next month or so will bring in some buddy's.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
That is a great deer Rutin! Just curious if anything has changed this year vs last year to scare the deer off? More human intrusion, different crop rotations, change in habitat such as logged out a woods, or maybe just not enough water sources nearby? I only ask because I have one property that is hot this year but was cold last year. It was hot the year before. I can only attribute it to crop rotation. Still have the same trespassers. Still have the same water sources.

Either way, heck of a deer!

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
Hicks - Nothing has really changed honestly. Crop rotation is a big part of my problem bc I dont hunt big chunks of timber, most smaller woodlots (5-30 acres) with dense fencerows and lots of crop. Nothing has been timbered and I still get the same amount of tresspassing every once in awhile but nothing major. I do have ALOT of fields surrounding me with beans this year but im not even seeing bachelor groups in those fields, so im just completly confused! Hopefully they'll start showing up in late Oct like usualy.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I am starting to see them in the beans again right now. Maybe your luck will start to change here soon. Then again, maybe it has just been coincedence I saw them in the beans a couple times recently.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Thats a dandy 8 point Zach! Too bad his right brow is busted or didn't grow right. Friggin dandy either way! Goodluck with him.

ohio
Hicks - Nothing has really changed honestly. Crop rotation is a big part of my problem bc I dont hunt big chunks of timber, most smaller woodlots (5-30 acres) with dense fencerows and lots of crop. Nothing has been timbered and I still get the same amount of tresspassing every once in awhile but nothing major. I do have ALOT of fields surrounding me with beans this year but im not even seeing bachelor groups in those fields, so im just completly confused! Hopefully they'll start showing up in late Oct like usualy.

I'm with ya, my hot spot behind the house had been a flop this year, Nadda, good luck on that brute!