Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

What do you have left to do before bow opens?

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I'm pretty miserable to say the least. It's gonna be a LONG day tomorrow. I even have it on my palms...

View attachment 8919

View attachment 8920

View attachment 8921

Holy crap! That looks terribly itchy and miserable! Have you tried sticking your hand in bleach water mixture? Hope you get relief soon man!

On a lighter note, I got my permission slip signed and another LW locked in! I also stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night...

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
Holy crap! That looks terribly itchy and miserable! Have you tried sticking your hand in bleach water mixture? Hope you get relief soon man!

On a lighter note, I got my permission slip signed and another LW locked in! I also stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night...

Bleach water X2!!!! Submerge your hands in bleach water then scratch away with one of those green scrubby things....it'll burn like hell but kills that shit.

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I have two ladder stands already hung from last year. I just need to re-tighten the straps, check bolts, and clear shooting lanes on them.
I have a ladder stand I need to put up at our sportsman club but I'm still on the fence where it's going.
On the private property I have a new Gorilla hang on that will be placed in a new spot. And also I will be placing a hang on in a tree with an existing ladder so me and one of my boys can use it like a buddy stand.
Lots to do, but there is still time. Hate going out in this heat and getting poison ivy. I get it just like Jesse. Fugg that!

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
The steroids got the swelling down in my hands enough that I was able to tough out two days of hanging stands. I'm all done on that front. I have a month to finish up honey-do's, build new arrows, tune broadheads and ready my gear. Feels fuggin' great to have my stands done!!!

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
Lets see here....

other than the typical stuff like shoot broadheads and organize my clothes, I need to dig through the crap that has collected in my shed this summer and find my climber, bow holder, smoker.... you know, the little stuff. I still have a few lanes to cut, but other than that i'm ready.

I'm not fooling myself though. i know how it always goes. Opening morning I'll be fumbling around looking for missing Items, getting to my spot late, finding out I forgot something important, and telling myself, "next year, I'm gonna be totally prepared for this"

buckbuster217

*Supporting Member*
Byesville, Ohio
Gotta get 2 more stands hung and lanes cut for them, hope to have that done by Friday. Get all my clothes washed and smoked up in my ground blind and placed in totes and get my back pack together and then I will be ready.

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Still got one setup to fine tune and cut shooting lanes in. Want to tale the antenna tower there also so that I can have two different setups on that property. Got another setup that needs to be moved on another property. Fine tune some shooting lanes at a different property and hang another stand at a setup on another property.

Dang that doesn't even include getting my bow to SCO to have new strings and a final tuning so that I can get comfortable with it.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Still need to wash gear. Might hang one more stand although I hesitate because I am afraid some trespassing knucklehead will hunt it if I do. Need rain for the plots. Have one plot to drill in seed yet. Waiting until next week. After I get thru this week and next weekend i am golden. Time is killing me until next weekend's show is over. Need to keep shooting the bow as well. I have one bow dialed in on my first pin and this is all I have been shooting it. Puts me good out to 30yds.

It will feel really good to have nothing to do but wash some gear and keep shooting my bow. Drilling in the seed is really just an afternoon project of driving around on 5acres and letting the tractor do its thing.

Gordo

Athens County
My list goes on and on. Priority is to get a couple stands set up for that first week of season. Then after that will be moving/tweaking a couple stands that will be more geared for late October/rut.

I also still need to get the new killing machine and shoot the shit out of it. Have still been flinging arrows with my vectrix to try to keep sharp, buts its going to b a different machine that will take some getting used to.

Also got to get a cross bowed dialed in for my dad, get it to him, and make sure he shoots the shit out of before opening weekend.

I'd also like to pic up a couple more cameras to add to the the work force. I have a couple more properties that I have full access to but have never hunted before. I gotta get inventory cams running on those.

I also need to hit the lottery so I can keep up on all this. Haha

An

Milo

Tatonka guide.
My list goes on and on. Priority is to get a couple stands set up for that first week of season. Then after that will be moving/tweaking a couple stands that will be more geared for late October/rut.

I also still need to get the new killing machine and shoot the shit out of it. Have still been flinging arrows with my vectrix to try to keep sharp, buts its going to b a different machine that will take some getting used to.

Also got to get a cross bowed dialed in for my dad, get it to him, and make sure he shoots the shit out of before opening weekend.

I'd also like to pic up a couple more cameras to add to the the work force. I have a couple more properties that I have full access to but have never hunted before. I gotta get inventory cams running on those.

I also need to hit the lottery so I can keep up on all this. Haha

An
your gonna really like this bow gordo...i know i do...this sucker is quiet and smoove.... it pounds the target also..heck now i'm lookin for one:smiley_crocodile:

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Stands, and mineral sites are done, bow is always on even if I'm not so that shouldn't be an issue, let's just hope I didn't just jinx myself :smiley_coolpeace: Cameras are showing good numbers now but no shooters on a regular basis....

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
How do you like that stand?

This is the one I grabbed. It was on sale at Cabela's back in Feb or March.
http://www.gorillatreestands.com/king-kong-lounger-hx

How do I like it? I never sat in it yet, but it looks solid and is pretty light. It has a self leveling function on it and the seat looks comfy. Check with me later after I get it hung.
I know one thing, it's going on the private property. Hopefully nobody finds it.

Boone

*Supporting Member*
N.E. O-H-I-O
We knocked out two sets at one place this weekend. Three more places to go and my stands are set for now, until they may need tweaked during the season.

I also got my new arrows from Milo and am getting them dialed in with the broadheads, so I am all set on the bow end.