Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Bow holder for a tree stand

letsgobowhunting

I am hunting from a millennium m100 treestand this season and am trying to figure out the best bow holder option for the set up. I typically use a screw in hook in the tree but figured i would ask what everyone else is using. i would preffer to have it at my side to minimize my movement.
Thanks for the help.

jeremy44230

Medina County
On my climber, I attached a very small hook where I can hang my bow. Works fairly well. On my fixed stands, I got a bow hanger that attaches to screws that I leave in the trees. I just take the bow holder in my pack and use the wing nut on the screw to attach the hanger to the screw/bolt. I like that the best for me. The. I don't need to screw anything to the trees during normal hunts.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I have one of the screw-in types that folds out... One of the two-sectioned ones, not the big long 3-sectioned hangers. Mine fits in the cargo pocket of my pants. I like it because it's easy and quick to set up, and it gets the bow out away from the tree a bit. I've used bow holders in the past that mount directly to the treestand and I like the screw-in hanger better.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I generally have the smaller screw in hangers I carry in a pocket. They are okay. Need to get one like JB is using. They are reasonably priced when you consider how handy they are and how often you use them. The tiny ones I use can make it tough to get my bow off the hook and you have gloves on or layers or are trying to minimize movement. I bought a strap for my bow this year. I plan on leaving the bow on the shoulder strap as I carry it in AND when I am sitting down. This (in theory) will keep the bow on the ready with minimal movement. If it doesn't work the way I intend it to, then I will end up buying one like JB.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
http://www.lancasterarchery.com/bowhitch-bow-holder.html

Check out the Bow Hitch. I bought a couple for my Millenniums at the Deer and Turkey Expo a couple years ago. It doesn't mount the way intended, but I haven't had any issues with it to date. I can snap a pic of how I mounted it to show you in the morning. Pretty slick little set up. I also carry a Realtree E-Z Hanger and a couple cheap screw in hooks for my pack, quiver, and binos.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
http://www.lancasterarchery.com/bowhitch-bow-holder.html

Check out the Bow Hitch. I bought a couple for my Millenniums at the Deer and Turkey Expo a couple years ago. It doesn't mount the way intended, but I haven't had any issues with it to date. I can snap a pic of how I mounted it to show you in the morning. Pretty slick little set up. I also carry a Realtree E-Z Hanger and a couple cheap screw in hooks for my pack, quiver, and binos.

Same here, I use the bow hitch quite a bit, but really like the big Realtree E-Z Hanger. I like being able to position the bow wherever I need to get to it quick without a lot of movement. That being said, I wouldn't buy any of the other screw-in hangers similar to the Realtree hanger because they are junk, especially the round tubing ones found at WalMart and Dunhams.

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
I also use Realtree EZ Hanger and love it. Adjustable to get the bow where you want it and three small hooks off the bottom for binos, calls, etc.

steveOh

Dayton Area
How do you guys get the EZ hanger to screw into the tree? I have one but usually give up after spending too much time trying to get it started.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Haven't had an issue with mine yet. Starts pretty easy for me but I guess it might be different depending on the type of tree.

Check your point in the screw and see if it is still sharp or if it is dull and blunt ? You could also use a cordless drill and pre-drill a pilot hole if you setup and plan on hunting that stand location more then just a few times.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
The one from hunters specialty is sharp as hell. It has a longer shank with finer threads. Never had a problem with it screwing in.

I have used an old step that has rope to attach it to the tree. The step is completely rubber coated, the nylon rope goes around the tree hooks the step then pulls tight. It takes seconds and is silent. I use the rope to hang my pack/quiver. The only down side is your bow is close to the tree.

Greg