Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Bow holder for a tree stand

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
The one from hunters specialty is sharp as hell. It has a longer shank with finer threads. Never had a problem with it screwing in.

I can't remember if mine is a HS or a Realtree model, but I've had no trouble at all getting it started. Just like I do with screw-in tree steps, I hold the hanger in my hand with the arm folded out at 90-degrees (helps me hold it better), then I strike the threaded end into the tree with some force... 19 out of 20 times this gets the threads in deep enough that they'll bite as soon as I start twisting.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I can't remember if mine is a HS or a Realtree model, but I've had no trouble at all getting it started. Just like I do with screw-in tree steps, I hold the hanger in my hand with the arm folded out at 90-degrees (helps me hold it better), then I strike the threaded end into the tree with some force... 19 out of 20 times this gets the threads in deep enough that they'll bite as soon as I start twisting.

Probably realtree. You don't have to strike the HS one just push. Sucker is sharp.

steveOh

Dayton Area
Just checked mine...it is a Realtree...it just seems like the treads don't grab enough to get a good start...I'll put the file to it!

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Last year they had three of the ez style hangers at dicks for $19.99. I picked that up and it allows me to have a bow hanger at every setup that way I don't have to screw one in every time I go out.

Huckleberry Finn

I buy the cheap ones and tend to leave them in trees....actually planning on moving a stand back to a tree that already has them in it!

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
If possible, I cut off a limb that is strong enough to hang the bow on as long as it is in the right location. If not, then I use either a screw in step or a long folding screw in bowhanger.

Schu72

Streetsboro
I bought a tree pack of e-z-hangers a few years back. I leave them screwed in on my semi-permanent set ups. I usually carry one with me for my climber. I also have a bow holder mounted to the base of my climer, but it makes me nervous. I always think I'm goint to bump it and send my bow crashing to the ground below.