Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

How much do I love my Scent Smoker?

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I'm surprised I haven't seen ( unless I missed it ) , that no one has mentioned just using a chimney starter to get the same results. Just get one of those for next to nothing & then buy a bag of hickory from a store, you're all set at a much cheaper price. I've never used smoking as a cover scent, but since I use one to start my smokers, I will now !

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
I'm surprised I haven't seen ( unless I missed it ) , that no one has mentioned just using a chimney starter to get the same results. Just get one of those for next to nothing & then buy a bag of hickory from a store, you're all set at a much cheaper price. I've never used smoking as a cover scent, but since I use one to start my smokers, I will now !

Those are anywhere from 10-25 bucks online and without a bellow, I think I had around 30 or 40 bucks in my smoker to my door.

If I was going to do any "homemade comparison", A bee smoker would be the only comparison. It is just nice having that bellow where you can direct the smoke wherever you want it to go and keep it rolling.

Last edited:

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Well, I tried it & it works. Just set it on the ground & stand there. Since I already had what's needed, I'm all set.

Good deal. Hope it brings you success this year. For someone without a bee smoker, or something like you have, these are an extremely reasonably priced tool for the arsenal. Like DJKFrank16, I had something like $30-40 in mine and it was shipped at that price. Cheaper than buying scent elimination spray by the gallons like I used to do. I should also add it is more effective than the sprays in my opinion.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Are these available at any stores or just online?

Brock's a sponsor on here and you can click the link too his site from the sponsors link on the tool bar above.... I believe online purchases only unless you live close by and like pizza..... :smiley_coolpeace: