Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

How much do I love my Scent Smoker?

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Enough to take a chunk out of my brand new $175 Double H boots!

I was loading up the truck this morning and went to grab the smoker from the top of my Rubbermaid closet when I dropped it. I never thought about it and stuck my foot out to break the fall so it wouldn't hurt the smoker. Fuggin' dumbass!!! lmao

Good news is the smoker is just fine!!! :smiley_clap:

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Enough to take a chunk out of my brand new $175 Double H boots!

I was loading up the truck this morning and went to grab the smoker from the top of my Rubbermaid closet when I dropped it. I never thought about it and stuck my foot out to break the fall so it wouldn't hurt the smoker. Fuggin' dumbass!!! lmao

Good news is the smoker is just fine!!! :smiley_clap:

I would have to say that I probably would have done the same.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Someone who uses the Scent Smoker explain it to me. I don't want to sift through the advertised ads and rather would have actual user input. I think I already understand the concept.
Frank

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Use a smoker like a beekeeper would use and smoke your hunting clothing. I'm gonna use my blind this fall and hang all my clothes in it and smoke them all while they're hanging inside. The concept is to scent your clothing up as if someone is burning wood or brush. It works!!!

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345331782.991329.jpg

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Thanks. As soon as I posted that request the next screen had the Scent Smoker add on it.
I have the bee smoker outfit but we alway used burlap to burn for bees. Would the bee smoker work and what would you burn in it?
Frank

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Yeah it'll work Frank ..... I us hickory chips bit any wood would work... most use hardwood since it is what most burn for heat..... great results from it.... haven't been busted by their nose since useing it....

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sorry to hear about your boot, Jesse. Glad you saved the SS!:)

Frank, do not use burlap! Hardwood chips are what you need.

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Well it looks like I am good to go. I have a bee smoker and I have hickory trees in the woods. I will just take off some loose bark and try it. Thanks
Frank

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
That will work. It's important to immerse yourself as well as your clothing and gear... deer smell the man, not just his clothes.

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I understand. Now a personal queston to you repeat Scent Smoker users are you smoked clear through and well done. Sorry I couldn't past it up.
On the serious side does the smell wash off in the shower as I have serious sinus problems. I even spent 6 weeks in the Rocky Mountains in 1977 because of serious sinus infections. I get by now by using 1 tsp. of honey everyday in my 1st cup of coffee and have been good shape going on 6 years now.
Frank

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Glad to hear you have it under control, Frank. I have no idea how it will affect you. It does come off with a shower- for the most part. I have a buddy that has severe asthma, and yet he smokes up before each hunt. It does choke him pretty bad though!

jeremy44230

Medina County
I love that smell of the smoker so much! I can't wait until the season starts so I can start smokin up! My wife, on the other hand, hates the smell of burnt wood, camp fires, etc...

Just another thing she will have to get used to...

huntn2

Hudson, OH
Love getting in my truck all fall (even if heading to work) cause it is going to smell like smoke!

The scent smoker is awesome. Those that don't have one will be sold the 1st time a deer is down wind and you are all smoked up.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I have allergies. If I get the garage or a blind all smoked up with my Scent Smoker, it makes me sneeze and my nose is running something fierce. I can only suggest you try it and if you cannot handle it, try something else Frank. I am "well done" when I smoke up though. I turn my garage into a smoke house.