Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2012 Spring turkey

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
My 2012 spring turkey. The only other turkey I got couple years ago was during a rain storm and I shot a long bearded hen. Be damn if I could see for all the rain in my shotgun scope. Eat good though. I have seen upto 56 in one flock here on the farm. And had 4-5 Toms 15 ft from the window of the house displaying for the hens.
Only picture I have without me in it.
Frank

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
My 2012 spring turkey. The only other turkey I got couple years ago was during a rain storm and I shot a long bearded hen. Be damn if I could see for all the rain in my shotgun scope. Eat good though. I have seen upto 56 in one flock here on the farm. And had 4-5 Toms 15 ft from the window of the house displaying for the hens.
Only picture I have without me in it.
Frank

Did you get a measurement on her beard? I killed one years ago with a 7 and 1/2" beard.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
No I didn't and I never gave it a thought at the time.
I had a hen in the yard 2 yrs ago and when she feed and stepped forward she stepped on her long beard everytime and would trip. I have a picture on a old camera somewhere. That hen never did learn to stop stepping on the long beard. That beard must have been close to 10 inches long. Our local Warden said that was very rare.
Frank