Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2012 - 2013 The Ohio Outdoors Deer Contest Rules

huntn2

Hudson, OH
Official 2012 - 2013 TOO Deer Competition

TOO Deer Competition Rules

General Rules:
  • A minimum of 50 posts are required to participate
  • Teams will be randomly drawn 9/22/2012
  • A hunter may submit a total of 2 deer in the contest but only 1 may be antlered
  • All deer harvested during legal seasons "In" and "Out-of-State" count but only 1 antlered deer may be entered and it is the 1st taken by date/time

Scoring Guidelines:
  • Does = 5 pts (spikes less than 3" are considered doe)
  • Bucks = 10 pts
    Tines = 1 pt per tine
    Age differentiator = Circumfrance of both bases + longest main beam + longest tine + inside spread (all measured to the nearest 1/4 of an inch)
  • Bonus potential - Can earn a maximum of 5 pts per contestant with one of the following two methods:
    Youth Bonus = 5 pts - taking a youth hunter (under 16) and photographing the hunt
    Trail Cam Bonus = 5 pts - harvesting a buck you have on camera

Picture Guidelines:
With each deer please post several pictures of your harvest. All submissions must include the following:
  • 1 picture of the hunter and the deer
  • 1 picture of each measurement (a total of 5 - both bases, longest main beam, longest tine and inside spread)
  • 1 picture must clearly show your tag

Buck Score Example:
A hunter shoots a 9 pt buck. The measurements are as follows:

• Left base is 4.75"
  • Right base is 5.00"
  • Longest main beam is 21.00"
  • Longest tine is 10.50"
  • Inside spread is 19.25"

This buck is worth 79.5 points for the competition (10 pts for being a buck, 9 points for the 9 tines and 60.5 points for the 5 measurements).​
Anyone interested in participating in the contest can sign-up in the attached thread:
http://www.theohiooutdoors.com/showthread.php?8746-2012-2013-The-Ohio-Outdoors-Deer-Contest-Signup

If you have already thrown your name in within this thread, no need to do so again, you are already accounted for.

Last edited:

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Just new to the forum. I looked at 2011-2012 contest. There was 11 teams with 5 members on each team.
Questions. Did only 55 forum members apply and 5 members to each team? How are the teams picked? By a random pick or what system? Did more than 55 members apply?
Just trying to figure it out. Interested in applying.
Frank

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Just new to the forum. I looked at 2011-2012 contest. There was 11 teams with 5 members on each team.
Questions. Did only 55 forum members applyand 5 members to each team? How are the teams picked? By a random pick or waht system? Did more than 55 members apply?
Frank

Teams were randomly drawn and it was simply a contest for fun. You will have to up your post count if you choose to play, but that shouldn't be an issue.

huntn2

Hudson, OH
Questions. Did only 55 forum members apply and 5 members to each team? How are the teams picked? By a random pick or what system? Did more than 55 members apply?
Frank

Everyone makes the cut and teams are randomly drawn. Only thing needed is the minimum post count which can be reached quickly. Throw your name in and post away!

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Thanks guys fo the info. The sign up form says Closed. Or can I put may hat in here?
Frank

patmc81

Just signed up to the site a few days ago, and I don't know if I can get to 55 posts by then . I do want to do the contest (did it on another site) but don't want to do just trash posts to get my post numbers up. Any way around the 55 number?

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Just signed up to the site a few days ago, and I don't know if I can get to 55 posts by then . I do want to do the contest (did it on another site) but don't want to do just trash posts to get my post numbers up. Any way around the 55 number?

You've got 22 days to make it. You can do it. :) Just grab a beer and enjoy the reading. I'm sure you'll find things to comment on. :)

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
You've got 22 days to make it. You can do it. :) Just grab a beer and enjoy the reading. I'm sure you'll find things to comment on. :)

Yep. Leave comments in the trail cam section, thats a great place to talk deer. Hell, start a hunting log and that'll help. It's nice to have an easy place to keep information and it helps you to get to know guys and for us to know you a little better. Check out the "TOO Good" thread and let us know how life is going. This is deer camp man, plenty of things to discuss in the next 22 days!

Monster Raxx

Minnesota
I cant wait for this TOO start. So if we take a youth out and take pics we get 5 bonus points? Do they have to shoot something for the points?