Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Kickstand buck

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
Pulled a card today and found that I am getting daily pictures of him now. He is bedding in a small woodlot about 100 yrs from this camera. I am getting pictures every morning between 6 and 630 of him returning to bed in that woodlot somewhere...In the evenings he is exiting the woodlot crossing a small county rd, and entering a standing cornfield that is on the other side of the ditch from this camera. There are several good trees and any wind other than east or ne is good.

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
Well, things are looking good for what he is doing now...but we all know how things can change in the deer woods. Just gonna try and keep on him and hoping for the best.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Sounds pretty dang predictable for now. Hope his pattern remains constant into the season for you!

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
Thanks for the encouraging words. I really hope he stays on that pattern..although I know h probably won't. I hung a camera in the standing standing corn and put some apples in the corn for him. Its only about 25 yds from a Apple tree he is already frequently visiting...but it allows him to eat apples in the security of the corn instead of 30 yds from a county rd in the wide open. Gonna let it soak for a week and see what he is doing. Hopefully daylight evening pictures will be waiting for me.....worst case is he sheds velvet and dissappears ..which is what I am expecting anyways.

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
He is still around ..All night picks on the last check I moved some cameras around a bit to a area some big rubs showed up. I ain't so pumped now either. He lost a lot more than I had figured he would.
IMG_20120922_145105_zpsc7c4a919.jpg

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
IMG_20120922_144955_zpsa848a5d6.jpg
I will still kill him given the chance . He is cool looking and a older deer in my opinion . I just ain't gonna put as much effort into hunting that property