Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Broadheads you've kilt deer with.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
1- Muzzy 100
2- MX3
3- Slick Trick Magnums

Seems like I might have gotten one with a MX4 as well. Need to check.

ohio
I have Mx3 I love them, but what is the difference between these and regular muzzys?

Size, Muzzy 100s are longer Mx3 are short and the Mx3 looks to cut a bigger hole

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1344566369729.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1344566369729.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 131
  • uploadfromtaptalk1344566390865.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1344566390865.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 141

huntn2

Hudson, OH
What's the asterisks for bubba? Lol :)

Well....she didn't exactly ride home with me... I presume from the video she was indeed killed by the rage, but without the recovery she gets an asterisks in the record books :)

That is the only deer I have released an arrow at, so.....i have nothing else to add. Hahaha

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Haven't used a lot of broadheads as you can see, I usually stick with what works good for me.... Never got into the mech heads, just never trusted them enough I guess.... I've been archery hunting since 88 (well at least seriously) and have been using the Thunderheads since they came out on recommendation of a trusted archery shop and never seriously looked at anything since..... I started with the 100's and then went too the 125's when they wore out or were damaged beyond use..... I have taken deer with all the heads listed and by far the 125 Thunderheads impressed me the most.....

Satellites
Thundered 100/125s
Razorback 4
Wasp Cam Lok

Last edited:
I forgot on my list montec G5's
killed a couple deer and an antelope with them. they flew greate but I had to sharpen them right out of the box. Because I am challenged when it comes to sharpening I changed to slick tricks, they are ready to go. I've killed 1/2 a dozen deer with them with great results. But also as I look back I never had a problem with thunderheads. I started playing around with other heads went I first went out west hunting Elk, I was looking for more penetration.

Greg

Milo

Tatonka guide.
wasp( old sckool copper colored ferrule 4 blade)
satilite
magnus 1
magnus stinger
zwickey
spitfires
snuffers

Last edited: