Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Stupid things I've heard on hunting shows

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I'm a little tired of all the above, along with the "spiritual talk" after the recovery. And, I don't care how great all the guys were to be in camp with, or how thankful they are for the fat ol woman that fixed 'em dinner all week. "What a great bunch of folks"....who cares. Everyone is great when you spend a week hunting with them. Live with 'em for a year or two then form an opinion. Oh, almost forgot..." Don't forget to call ++++++ to book your next hunt. He's really got the deer" ... so does Coonskinner.

Derek j

Knox Co.
I am wanting to do a little promo of my miss last year. Any ideas on how to make it interesting?...seriously. I am looking for some ideas.

Definitely make light of the humor and humanity. Also tell what you did wrong, or think you did wrong, and give ways to avoid the same problem next time you are in the same situation. There is nothing better, IMO, than someone who can rib themselves for a miss. We all do it at points, but most people wont admit it. It goes a long ways in a hunting show when you prove you are like all the other average hunters. I think this is why I enjoy Major League Bowhunter.....They show their misses right along with their hits, and explain what happened.

buckstar25

T-county
Funny thing is that we feed the beast. Give our money to the companies that promote these shows/hunting. I am just as guilty as the next but you guys have covered just about everything I hate about what hunting has become.

Half of these douche nozzles couldn't tell you who Barry and Gene Wensel or Alan Altizer are.

I always said the day Hank Parker and Jimmy Houston started their own hunting shows that the tradition an heritage of hunting just got abandoned!! Lol, my favorite was Jimmy Houston sittin in the blind waiting for the feeder to kick on so he could shoot his buck.

Booner, smoked'em, whackin and stackin, Thompson center smack down, it's all really too much to stomach!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Alan Altizer, wow that goes back a ways. Loved his videos back in the day. He stalked a nice buck in his socks and shot him in his bed on one hunt I remember, that was pretty sweet. He "smoked him I think". Lol

Two other over used sayings come to my mind that get over used, the "right thru the boilerroom" and "a Rage in the cage".

Last edited:

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
That deer was the AL state record...I think. Dang, that was a dandy, and I really liked Alan Altizer too! I read somewhere that he just kinda quit the video game after a divorce or something.

ohio
I agree Jesse and Chad!

Hey, about Chads comment about a buck blowing up in a couple years. Imagine your least favorite hunting celeb standing in a tree ready to draw back on a deer he's been hunting for a few years waiting for it to "Blow Up". His heart is pumping the adrenaline flowing and this stud of a buck reaching that 6 year old status this hunter was waiting for is coming in on a string and stands perfectly broadside looking the other way and just.....

BLOWS THE FUGG UP!!!! Rotflmao

Imagine the expression on their face when looking at the cameraman wanting his take on what just happened! Lol

Hunter: All wideeyed and his pride deflated saying, WTF just happened?
Cameraman: saying nonchalantly, "Man, you weren't shittin' when you said that fuggar was gonna blow up in a few years!" lol Then the cameraman holds out his fist for a tater!

That would be some funny stuff!

Rotflmao!!! I thought the same thing

ohio
I'm a little tired of all the above, along with the "spiritual talk" after the recovery. And, I don't care how great all the guys were to be in camp with, or how thankful they are for the fat ol woman that fixed 'em dinner all week. "What a great bunch of folks"....who cares. Everyone is great when you spend a week hunting with them. Live with 'em for a year or two then form an opinion. Oh, almost forgot..." Don't forget to call ++++++ to book your next hunt. He's really got the deer" ... so does Coonskinner.

Wnf coonie?

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Ole JB must have one hell of a long draw length!

"Smoked a booner" come on man!

Another thing that drives me crazy is when you see these guys sitting in the cold and they shoot a deer and then as their nose is running they snort the snot back up on camera! You guys can't edit that out?

One of the guys from LOF does that every hunt I have seen thus far this season. Drives me fuggin crazy to hear him snort every time he is done talking. Grab a fuggin tissue and blow or at least farmer blow then turn the camera on.

twireman

Kingston, OH
ShawnMichaels.jpg

I'm with Red. I'm done at this point........

Last edited: