Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Stupid things I've heard on hunting shows

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
I did.. :smiley_blackeye::smiley_blackeye:

And he's bigger this year. :)

That deer is bigger than a 130's in that picture.....easily.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I know Joe. And I think he's a hell of a buck. Plus you had an ulterior motive named Tank!

But trust me my buddies didn't!! LMAO they think a 110 is a 150!! And they would call that buck a Booner LMAO

He will not be getting the same courtesy this year if I see him.

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Just the phrase "smoked 'em" has gotten so played out. It's all ya ever hear no matter what the shot looks like. Somebody has to come up with something better to say than that.

The bits & pieces that get edited back in get annoying. Unless there is a whole camera crew running 10 cameras your not going to get all those shots... I know they do it to tell the story, but there has got to be a better way.

All in all I only watch a few shows anymore, and only what is available through the internet. I don't have Pursuit, or The Outdoor channel anymore. It seems like all the shows just turned into cookie cutter format after a while.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
I don't even watch the shows anymore. They don't hunt like I do so it has lost its interest. They all are like one big infomercial anymore.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
You guys nailed everything I was thinking. I am thinking the 120" deer which they are claiming 140" is the biggest thing that irritates me. In all fairness, they can be deceiving at times though. I have been spot on before, and off by 15-20" other times. It takes a lot of practice to get good at scoring, and I don't claim to be.

I know it's a useful phrase but I get tired of people saying "it's a shooter".......how about this instead....."I'll give my right nut for that one!!" Just seems more fitting if ya really want it that bad and I'd laugh my ass off if I ever heard someone like Stan Potts say that instead!!

jeremy44230

Medina County
Like others... Smoked him, I smoked him, smoked him, blah blah blah! Shut the hell up with that! Heard one window licker say it about ten times after he shot one! Made me want to shoot him!

BBD is old and annoying too! Hats and shirts with it on there, really...

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
I don't even watch the shows anymore. They don't hunt like I do so it has lost its interest. They all are like one big infomercial anymore.

Hunting shows are just a stupid waste of my time I've decided. Get some experienced dude fumbling around, screwing up, explaining what he did wrong and how to avoid it and i'd watch everytime

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
"Don't have time to do all that scouting and hard work? Try this c'mere deer in a tub....it levels the playing field for the working guy"

Yep.....stuuuuuppppiiiiid!!!!:smiley_boos:

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
I like it when you can actually see the high fence in the backdrop after the guy claims to have hunted real hard for the buck he shot.

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
Ole JB must have one hell of a long draw length!

"Smoked a booner" come on man!

Another thing that drives me crazy is when you see these guys sitting in the cold and they shoot a deer and then as their nose is running they snort the snot back up on camera! You guys can't edit that out?

hahahahahaha

This winter when larry shot his buck we have a camera angle where we are watching the deer go, and you see my snot drip out of my nose it was so cold LOL

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
Hunting shows are just a stupid waste of my time I've decided. Get some experienced dude fumbling around, screwing up, explaining what he did wrong and how to avoid it and i'd watch everytime

I am wanting to do a little promo of my miss last year. Any ideas on how to make it interesting?...seriously. I am looking for some ideas.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I am wanting to do a little promo of my miss last year. Any ideas on how to make it interesting?...seriously. I am looking for some ideas.

Highlight the humanity and humor of it. The down to earth honesty as well as being able to laugh at yourself goes a long way IMO and is what people want to see.