Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Gordo's 2012 deer cam pictures

Gordo

Athens County
This is a pretty funny story.

So last thursday i went and hung a cam at another new property i have access to this year. Its a smaller parcel but has what it takes to hold big deer.

So im in the area today and decide to give it a check. Well sure enough after checking the memory card at home, the camera only took pics for 12 hours, and for whatever reason it shut down/stopped working. In that 12 hours i had a couple pics of some does.

So anyway, im all pissed off because the camera died on me and i left it in the same tree after swapping cards.

This property isnt to far from my house, so i said fugg it, i'll run back and drop a working cam in there.

Well i get home to see that there where 20 pics takin on the 'broken camera' in the short amount of time it was out there(an hour and a half).

Not a total monster, but sure enough in that short time frame this guy showed up.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348685081.884390.jpg

Im excited for the next cam check to see what else is lurkin in the area. Strange day all around!

Gordo

Athens County
Good eyes rick. His left eye does seem to be wacky.

I'm glad you agree the first one is a shooter. I would b happy to put my buck tag on him asap if the opportunity arises.

I'll b making my move on him as soon as this cold front comes in.

The stand location is unreal. One of the best pinch points ive ever seen, but dangerously close to the main bedding area.

The access couldnt be better. Very easy to slip in and out!

I'm going to be aggressive and make a strong play on him. Could go either way. Time will tell.

He's a brute, and that 'triple' brow tine just sets him off.

Gordo

Athens County
Seems like buddy is going to b hunting the bulk of the rut up north.

If that ten makes it he could b nasty next year. He'll b fun to keep tabs on