Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Gordo's 2012 deer cam pictures

Gordo

Athens County
New guy showed up on another property. Still not the slunger im looking for but another one to try to fill the old mans buck tag early.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345224506.026828.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345224554.130707.jpg

Gordo

Athens County
No, his season actually went down the tubes because of problems in his right eye. Scary stuff. He had a couple surgeries and now is damn near seeing 20/20. I remember him calling me after his last procedure all jacked up ready to hit the woods!

It's funny how everything has flipped around. When I was little he use to drag my ass around the woods, have everything set up, etc.. Now he just drives himself down to Athens and I have everything good to go for him. Good stuff!

Gordo

Athens County
Was able to check 4 cams from 4 different properties yesterday. Still no jaw droppers but things are finally pickin up.

This is the same 8 point from my last post. Just a real beautiful picture of him. I cant get over his size!!!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345999302.302258.jpg

He now has a butt buddy tagging along with him. Unique rack!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345999407.347752.jpg

And then finally got some different deer on another property ill b hunting for the first time. Only got a pic each of both of them. The second one is built like a brick shithouse. Im lookin forward to getting better pics if him to see whats going.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345999546.208629.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345999592.574250.jpg

I still have that young ten point on camera like clockwork and have been watching him alot through the binocs.

This camera pull really showed alot of new deer showing up on every property. Cant wait for the next cam check! The ball is getting rolling for me

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
That first one is similar to one I have been watching. Looked like that last year but is a 10 this year. Glad we passed on him last year. He will be a great one this year or any year after though! Good luck Gordo!

Gordo

Athens County
I'd lel each deer I have on camera so far take the pass, still haven't found that really has my attention. I'm waiting for that camera check that'll make my jaw drop and change the complexion of this ip coming season. I know it's only a matter of time before I locate one that really gets the blood boiling.

But on the other hand I'm really excited to get my dad on a nice deer. He's not to picky and most of those bucks vie showed pictures of in this thread he'd be more then happy to take the wind out of. Main goal now is to focus all my energy on having him fill that buck tag early

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
IMO he's got great tine length and is very symmetrical for a relatively young deer. Prolly 3.5. I think he'll be right at or near 140 gross and net mid 130's. Got a deadhead we were hunting 20+ years ago that is very similar to this deer. It grossed 139"'and netted 135". Had a 14"'spread and was 3.5 yrs of age as well.

I figured him at 142" gross but you have to consider the velvet as well.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
I say stick him first chance you get and then score him. It's the only way to know for sure! Good buck man, hope you get a chance at him.

Gordo

Athens County
That deer is so like clock work right now its ridiculous. Who knows what'll happen once that velvet peels off.

If he keeps doing what he's doing he is in for some trouble those first 5 days of season when my pops rolls in.

Im keepin my fingers crossed! I'll b trying to do the full camera check again tomorrow. I hope there's a slunger for me to start focusing on!

Gordo

Athens County
Man, getting a little frusturated with the cams. Not a buck on cam yet that im all in on.

I need the velvet to peel and the bachelor groups to start breaking up

motorbreaker

*Supporting Member I*
North of Toledo
Some of my camera spots dont get any action till the end of september. Give it time.
I'd say with the tine lenght you will be right at 140"
And then theres november, Never know what you will see then.