Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Dead coyote pup

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
If you can, try too move some brush on one of the sides of it so that they're funneled into you snare location.....

Great suggestion. I have yet t set any snares or traps. I have done my reading on them, but this is one of the things I read several times. I would have never thought to suggest that but after you suggested it I thought "Hey, that makes sense. I read that several times." lol

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Great suggestion. I have yet t set any snares or traps. I have done my reading on them, but this is one of the things I read several times. I would have never thought to suggest that but after you suggested it I thought "Hey, that makes sense. I read that several times." lol

That's the one thing that stood out when CJ and I were talking too Badger...... You can litterly force there movement too a certain extent too line them up too the snare..... That's the thing with all the knowledge on TOO when it comes too trapping we should have no problem coming up with ideas on how/where too set them up..... Post a picture and bingo here's some posted solutions....

I have trapped for a number of years now , it takes a long time to learn all the details of a coyotes nature. Coyotes are probably the smartest animal in the woods their senses are unbelievable and they are very aware of their surroundings. If you want to block in trails to snare coyotes it will spook them at first if you block them in now and set your snares in the fall you will have more success, but if you look around you will find places to snare that are already pinch points this is where you want to be . Let the coyote tell you where to catch it trying to force them into a situation they know wasn't there yesterday will only make your job harder. The easiest place to catch coyotes is in fences they will only be able to cross in certain places find those spots and you got em . One thing on fences yearling deer cross in fence holes too if you see deer hair or tracks leave that spot be it is a place for a foothold not a snare . We need to kill more coyotes I get every one I can and it has improved the deer huntin in my area, but remember they still deserve some respect check your traps and snares everyday and make sure you read and follow the trappin laws.

Dusty Chambliss
District 5 Director
Ohio State Trappers Association