Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Dead coyote pup

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
I figured you guys might enjoy this pic. Not sure how it died, but it's skull was in pieces. Do they eat their own?

ohio
Ok so I need some help, I've got a new piece of land to hunt, I scouted it lots of deer tracks and poo, so I set a couple cams out to see what was there so far only does and yotes, I was going to check a.cam and the edge of the cornfield looked like a war had happened, corn destroyed ground all turned up almost like two bruisers going at it I get back to my cam and see what but 27 videos of Damn yotes, I scoured a little more to find two dead fawns, it really pissed me off, so now I'm on the yote rampage, I've only shot a couple but I want them gone, don't know anything about trapping or snares, if you guys could give me a hand I would appreciate it greatly

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
snareshop.com Everything you need and it's cheap. I'm no trapper, but I killed far more with a necklace this past spring and summer than I ever would have by trying to hunt them. They are hard on deer... kill 'em all!

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Oh ok, well then that's affordable lol

I think the ones with the deer stops would be the ones too get..... Just makes sense too trap what you want and not want you don't want..... Dale (Badger) gave a snaring 101 class too CJD3 and myself a couple of weekends ago and he cleared up a lot of confusion I had when it came too snaring... Still have a lot too learn before I go out and set some up but I feel it will get a little easier the more I read and pick the guy's brains who are doing it..... Also Diablo had some very good success this last season and he'd be a valuable asset too talk too as well.....

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Yeah someone pmd me but I haven't heard back yet, too many Damn yotes is baaaad!

I'm sure someone on here will give you a hand getting rid of them whether gunning or snaring them..... Snaring in my opinion would be the way too go.... catch them get up close and personal and then put them down..... Something in the whole catching the predator thing strikes my curiosity.... Especially yotes as they are probably the hardest ones too get close too.....

ohio
That's what I want quiet kills, I only bow hunt these problem areas, and got the go ahead to take out the yotes, snares seem to be the way to do it

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
That's what I want quiet kills, I only bow hunt these problem areas, and got the go ahead to take out the yotes, snares seem to be the way to do it

Keep us updated and if you have any questions there's plenty of guys in the know here or at least they know who too go too for some answers.....