Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Lost an old friend today

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
I don't see any stinking rambling. That's what this place is for. Sorry to hear about your loss bro. I know it is tough as they do become another member of the family.

Tell all the stories you want bro.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Mike we'll do another hunt this winter and it will be in her honor...... She was wagging that tail like all getout that day what little she was out but like most who get old and the mind is willing but he body tells them something else..... She was a good dog in her prime and you have those memories and always will.... I've had a lot of doge over the years good and bad and remember every one them.....

Huckleberry Finn

Keep the beagle stories coming, I love it.

I know we had a poor day rabbit hunting wise when we were down there, but there's no bad rabbit hunting days. It's up there as the best hunting I've ever done...a rabbit was my first harvest.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I agree. I am not hearing any rambling. Good stories Mike! You are making me want to try out Izzy (our pound beagle we got the kids last weekend) on some bunny hunting! Cracks me up imagining her hunting. She is a pet, but I am sure it is in her somewhere.

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Phil, I was always told that a house dog wouldn't hunt.
That's BS.
The only bad thing about having her in the house is that after a muddy day in the field she would have to go straight to the tub before she claimed her spot on the couch or, later that night, in our bed.

huntn2

Hudson, OH
Mike, sorry to hear of this loss to the Cottis family. Wish I could have made the TOO hunt to meet Daisy. Love hearing the memories you have of her.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Phil, I was always told that a house dog wouldn't hunt. That's BS.
The only bad thing about having her in the house is that after a muddy day in the field she would have to go straight to the tub before she claimed her spot on the couch or, later that night, in our bed.

I grew up with this mentallity because I was told that from day one when I was hunting.... You didn't play with them you just ran them they were working dogs not pets..... It was hogwash and it took a while for me once I owned them to figure that out....

Got some beagle stories for later....

jeremy44230

Medina County
My brittany has always been my pet first! She sleeps at my feet every night and I can't sleep good without her. She was an unbelievable hunting dog. No one could ever tell me different. We would constantly get birds out of fields that others left, with dogs and said there are NO birds there. She had an uncanny nose for birds!

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
Sorry Mike, I have a 13 year old golden retriever and I know the day is coming soon also.

Are you going to replace her?