Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Moundhill's 2012 Trail Cam

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
Well as of now i dont have much to share, but I figured I'd start a trail camera thread. Maybe it'll change my luck around..:smiley_blackeye:

I've been running 2 Spypoints this year, on the same property just different sides of the road. Both are on feild edges, and honestly have been pretty upsetting. I'm yet to have pictures of even a decent sized buck.

I'll start off with some longbeards..that literally disapeared during season.

This is upsettingly the biggest buck I have on camera. He's just a dink but I'll throw the pic up anyhow.

This is a new spot where I've never had a camera. I put down a salt block last fall here and forgot about it. Well when i was scouting for a new spot for my camera i stumbled upon about a 4x4 foot spot thats bare dirt, with a hole about a foot into the ground from where the deer have it pawed up. So i took out an apple block and we'll see what I get on it next week. Here's a few pics from this previous week. I have pics of this doe late last winter with her fur missing where a slug grazed her. She's still alive and well.

I have some high hopes for thuis new spot. It's a secluded corner of a cut hay field. There's a logging road and trails all over that pour into the field from right here.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Good deal Moundy! Keep at it. We have time to find the big boys before the season gets here.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
You'll get on them sooner or later dude! Trust me, it is frustrating, but it only takes one cam check to change your whole outlook!!!

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
Thank for the kind words guys. I know I'll find em eventually. I know the land I'm hunting holds some studs. It just a matter of finding them. As keeping trespassers out..

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
Well I finally got a buck showing up at my cam. This is a buck I named Gator from last year. He's grown quite a bit honestly! He grew a split on his left g2 and 2 more points. Here's the vid from my spypoint..

[video=youtube;G0cQKSykXUc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&list=FLvrY-rf5eDBY_jaeblw7Png&v=G0cQKSykXUc[/video]
Let me know if you cant see the video.

Here he is last year as an 8

Last edited:

Diablo54

Outside
She'd I found last year with jake. I found it 20 yards from where he is in the video haha

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344806760.815612.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344806760.815612.jpg
    175.7 KB · Views: 289

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
Well, another upsetting camera check..to say the LEAST.

I still only have one shooter on camera, and between 3 cameras being out for a week i had a total of only 251 pictures. Last year I was getting that on one camera in a week..easy. I'm not sure where they disapeared to, but I'm still searching.

This is the first picture I viewed..

However, Gator is still sticking around..