Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Lineman's Belt

Huckleberry Finn

Went with the HS lineman's belt...strap but the carabiners are locking. $20 and is the same manufacturer as my harness so just made sense.

My buddy who lives in IL sold me the Muddy lineman's he got with his new harness..15$ shipped...If it had not been for that I would have went HSS strap due to cost(half price of muddy rope)...I use the HSS tree rope with my harness an it works great,is made well an allows me to take shots to the opposite side of my bow arm..I hope I can say the same about the muddy rope,quality wise..............

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I have to look as I believe I still have the climbers attachment for the feet. Don't know what they are called. If I can find them I will bring them upto Lima Coon Trails next week. Not sure if I ever had a belt.
Frank

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
That's what I use Huck, they are nice. Only thing I've noticed is after 5 years or so of use, the knot is hard to get loose and let out more slack in the line. I always try to get my strap length adjusted before I start climbing that way I can just clip it on and pull it snug when I get up there, instead of having to fumble around with the knot with one hand while up in the tree.

I cannot say how much I love having a lineman's belt with my harness. Not even sure who the manufacturer is but it's a life saver and makes hanging stands so much easier. Over the years I have used it often for that and this year I really learned how valuable it was to me. I had surgery on my neck back in March and since then with all the not being able to do anything I found my strength had diminished quickly. Tried to shoot my bow back before summer started and couldn't budge it. Well I thought I was back to full strength with the summer but found out otherwise last weekend when I hung a new set. Was up at the top of my 20 ft. stick tied in with the lineman's belt and trying to hang the stand. At one point my arms felt like rubber and my left arm even started shaking violently while trying to hold the stand and flip the strap around the tree. Soon my legs started getting the same way but thank goodness for that lineman's belt as I was able to settle down and shift my weight around to take the pressures off and relax for a bit. Long enough to get the job completed and back down the tree. Had I not had the lineman's belt on I honestly thought I would not have been able to hold on to the climbing stick......the way I used to do it years ago....the way some still do it today.