Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Favorite Pics from year's gone by

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
The big 7 I never seen again after this pic.

Never seen this buck again either.

Just for Milo's amusement lmao

All the ladies

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Long shot to ever catch a picture like this one again.

PICT0230 8-29-11 coyote howl.jpg

Still one of my favorite series of pictures ever! The leaves and pictures and blood and adrenaline of the moment are a beautiful thing. This was probably the most surreal moment I ever had in the woods. I sat there, thanked the Lord and took it in for a long time.
DSCN3269 December 08 buck down.jpgDSCN3270.jpgDSCN3281.jpg

I couldn't hunt opening morning this day. Guess who was taking his time getting back to the bedding area on opening day that year? Yep. At the time he was my target buck. Ugh.

PICT0084 opening morning big boy.jpgPICT0083 opening morning big boy.jpgPICT0082 opening morning 10pt.jpg

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Here are a few more to keep your attention. I just think these are some pretty pictures.

PICT0021 Oct 26 turkeys.jpgPICT0179 7 turkeys.jpgIM000095 long bearded turkey.jpgApril 9 2011 Tom strutting0001.jpgIM000025 young buck.jpg

This is one I am still a little sour over. Last season he took a crossbow bolt to the neck. He was later taken by a hunter on another property (supposedly). Quite possibly the biggest 8pt I will ever hunt. Never heard the official score but the taxidermist of the hunter that killed him said mid 150's. I don't know. He was a smart buck though and I only had him on camera in the daylight a few times. Two years in a row during the rut and in the late season in early 2011 when we had thrown some corn out. We had seen sustained snow on the ground and cold temps. He came in a couple times for the corn. He was mainly nocturnal. I saw him on the hoof one time while hunting. He came within approximately 75 yards twice in the same day but never close enough for me to take a shot with my bow. I can only hope he spread his genes thoroughly!

PICT0122 11-11-11.jpgMr Browtine 2 Jan 10 20110001.jpg

buckstar25

T-county
Redcloud.....wtf @ that ganja pic!!? Lol!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343620972.385427.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343620972.385427.jpg
    194.2 KB · Views: 159
Last edited by a moderator:

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
This is a great thread guys....awesome. I have a few bucks to add.

This buck had me super excited in 2009, but I never saw him on the hoof. I managed to find both of his sheds in early February though, which made me think something was wrong with him, he vanished the next year and hasn't been located since..

This double beam buck showed up on my cam while I was in the treestand about 30 yards to the right of him. He ended up in bow range, but it was a little too dark to shoot. Never saw him again that year, but got both of his sheds 2 miles away later on !

Here is a buck I called Johnny Longbrows..... not sure what ever happened to him

I got this picture in 2010, and a friend of mine killed him on opening day of bow season across the road....scored 154

Last edited:

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
I killed this buck on October 25th, 2010, but didn't know he even existed, was lucky enough to get a picture of him a few days before.

Here is a 150" 8 pointer that I killed in Indiana in 2010...not my camera, but a friend of mine got a picture of him...

Here is a buck that lived in my back yard for most of the 2010 season....my daughter and I were in the ground blind 10 yards away while this picture was being taken!

Last edited:

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
A nice solid buck that to my knowledge is still roaming the woods...

I got this picture in my backyard last year....don't know what happened to him.

Also got this picture last year, I think he might still be around.

Here is a goofy looking bastard....

I passed on this buck last year hoping he might just get a little bigger this year....

Who says Moultrie don't have fast trigger speeds LOL....

Last edited:

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
This is the ugliest fugger I've ever seen....

Not a trail cam pic, but worth showing....this buck was shot on opening day of gun season in 2010.....

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Great pics Guys!

Hicks those turkey pics are beautiful

Buckstar that pic of the buck, on the day your buddy was supposed to be in the woods, is great. I bet your buddy hates it though.

Gern those are all great bucks. I love that double beam buckand of course Ole Johnny Longbrows!

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
This buck was photographed in late winter of 2008 in my back yard...notice the arrow shaft sticking out of his shoulder....would he live through the winter?

Yes he made it through the winter, here he is in June of 2009

And again in 2010 as a 3-1/2 year old!! He hasn't been around since.

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
Probably my all time favorite buck....an absolute brute of a deer.

I searched high and low that year and found his sheds exactly 1 mile apart!!

His matched set are the ones at the very top.....

I got this picture of him 2 miles away from his home range the following November on a midnight run......that was the last time I have any account of this buck!

I still tell myself he is alive though, because I never heard of anybody killing him, and word would have spread on this one.

Last edited:

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Great stuff fellas! I could look at pics like these all day!!!

I've been very fortunate to capture some awesome pictures over the years, I just wish I had the final chapter to a lot of the stories that go with these deer. Despite my lack of success in the woods with a weapon, my cameras still pull their weight on an annual basis. Well, except for this summer! Here is my Top 10 in no particular order...

This is the very first trail cam picture I ever captured and he became the first good buck to adorn my wall..

This picture started the obsession with velvet racked giants, not to mention it kicked off the saga of a deer named Deuce...

To this day, this may be my single favorite pic of all time...

What can I say, that deer was a sticking camera hog!!!

Another all time favorite from a deer called Captain Hook...

One of my favorite daytime pics of a buck...

Crazy Rack a few weeks before I make the biggest mistake of my bowhunting career...

Hook Jr. was a super star this summer and provided a ton of great pics...

Captain Jack...

Last but not least, perhaps the best picture of Moe from last summer\. Or not now that I think of it. Hell, I could do a highlight reel of just this deer...

I'll be back with more...

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Here are a couple of my favorite non-buck pics from over the year. If there can be a “favorite yote” picture, this is it out of my collection…

I wish this pic had been centered better...

Always loved this doe in action pic…

Same for the hawk…

Never did see this doe and I have no idea what caused the giant hole in her nose or the bobbed tail…

Here are a few old school pics from the first year we bought our farm. Talk about being in “hawg” Heaven!!!

Last edited: