Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Coyote Cam

Boone

*Supporting Member*
N.E. O-H-I-O
I changed the card in one of my cameras and was excited the readout listed 451 photos in two weeks and hoped I would finally see something worth shooting. All of the pictures were coyotes :tantrum:
The landowner has been seeing a pair with 6 pups. The camera must be close to their den. I hope they move on soon because I can't hunt them with a gun at this place. I thought they are roamers? Any suggestions?

Attachments

• PICT0355.jpg
    PICT0355.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 354
  • PICT0296.jpg
    PICT0296.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 288
  • PICT0169.jpg
    PICT0169.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 279

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Yep. Early on when the pups are still in the den is the easiest time to exterminate them in one swoop.. But now that they are out of the den a roaming that gets harder. Snare or trap them would be the best option.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Not a single deer picture? That is not good. You got a ton of yotes in the area. I agree with the rest. Eradicate ASAP.

Boone

*Supporting Member*
N.E. O-H-I-O
I don't have many options because the landowners have outside dogs. As often as they have appeared on the cam, I may have luck with a bow.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I don't have many options because the landowners have outside dogs. As often as they have appeared on the cam, I may have luck with a bow.

I'd take a gun and make sure they are good and hit.... You're past the bow shooting part.....

Boone

*Supporting Member*
N.E. O-H-I-O
I don't have any big bucks around, so I figured I'd keep you updated on growth of the coyote pups.:smiley_armscrossed:

I did have a couple of does show up. Is it me or do they look nervous?

Attachments

• PICT0013.jpg
    PICT0013.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 254
  • PICT0020.jpg
    PICT0020.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 283
  • PICT0072.jpg
    PICT0072.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 271

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Yep. Sure didn't look like they were there to hang out. Moving thru and keeping on alert in the one picture you posted. Hard saying though. They could have been bumped from somewhere else by a farmer or someone on a quad or something else.