Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Bow Shoot at Crooked Run Archery

Mao

Coshocton, OH
Hey fellas. To answer a couple questions I have seen...And some others....

1. There is a practice range. Bags from 20-50 yards.

2. Leave your rangefinders at home sissys! Hunter Class is a max of 35 yards. Open class is to 50 yards if you are in to that sort of thing.

3. Alcohol policy - None on the range. Crush as many as you like at the club house or in the picnic area or anywhere else. I will be joining whoever in that.

4. Verizon cell phone service is decent but no great at the club. Other providers, good luck.

5. We will be selling Crooked Run Archery shirts and hats for $10 each. Or if you want the combo of both, $15.

6. I will donte a shirt and hat for a long shot contest and door prizes. (Hopefully theohiooutdoors.com will match me.) We also will have many other great door prizes that will be given away at the shoot.

7. There will be traditional stakes.

Anything else, post and I will respond. Looking foward to it fellas.

One last thing. I got pictures of this buck last year right in the course we are shooting. If you happen to jump him up and happen to shoot him..... I will promptly shoot you!

B0 & Auction 017.jpg

Last edited:

JPN

coshocton
This may be a dumb question, but it's gonna be hot. Is there a need for boots on the course or is it allowed and shorts and tennis shoes are cool?

Not sure what it's like after this rain but at previous shoots I've worn shorts and tennis shoes. There's a few muddy spots but nothing too bad.

Not sure how long I will be able to stay since I work this weekend but I'm looking forward to meeting everyone.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Thanks for the info. This has been the longest week of the summer waiting for this shoot. Can't wait!

Ditto..... Hurry up and get here already! I'll bring a few sheds I've picked up the last few years, da bigguns of course. If Milo sees this I hope he brings some bow gadgets. I have a Jennings TStarII target bow I'd like to update. Needs a new rest. Fuggar still has a Berger button! Rotflmao

Do you take plastic for payment?

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I'm not sure Milo is going there Ric. I think Beener or someone was hillbilly expressing stuff from Milo to the guys at the shoot. I am sure he can verify either way though. Thought I had read this and thought he said that last weekend when I talked to him. Mind could be off though. Been a hectic week for me.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Yeah, sent him a text. Told him no prob no hurry, I'll get it in Oct. At the hunt.
Thanks for the info though. Hope you can make it but understand.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Yep, Ole' Milo isn't coming. Well at/to the shoot that is. lol

I have a buncha stuff in my possession that I may just keep and skip the shoot! Buncha arrows, nice stab or two, some of the Rayzr vanes I need....Just sayin.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Yep, Ole' Milo isn't coming. Well at/to the shoot that is. lol

I have a buncha stuff in my possession that I may just keep and skip the shoot! Buncha arrows, nice stab or two, some of the Rayzr vanes I need....Just sayin.

Keep your dick beaters off my Rayzrs! lmao

Milo

Tatonka guide.
beener has all your goodies and im whooped getting it all done. some stuff has not come in yet so i will get that to those who are still waiting when it comes in. i will get invoices to all next week via email..

Schu72

Streetsboro
Just curious...how many shooters per group? How long will it take to shoot round? Is the plan to have lunch and dinner as a group or just dinner?

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Just curious...how many shooters per group? How long will it take to shoot round? Is the plan to have lunch and dinner as a group or just dinner?

No real formal plans on groups. Just gather and go shoot. The more in a group the longer it takes to shoot the course. I imaging like always we'll have some large groups.