Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Surprise buck appearance

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
This is a property I RARELY get any buck pictures. During the rut you might see one passing thru but it traditionally does not hold big bucks. Heck, it rarely has little bucks. It is doe, doe/fawn, doe/fawn/fawn pics year after year. I have had a camera out there for 2 months now. I have checked it twice. Last camera check had 600+ pics and one small buck. Checked it yesterday and had a decent buck. Granted there is corn ALL around here and the two bucks appeared to be high tailing it out of the corn in the middle of the day for some reason. I don't expect to see them as regulars, but it was a pleasant surprise!

Attachments

• 245.jpg
    245.jpg
    274.6 KB · Views: 229

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Looks like a pretty decent buck to me, if not a shooter then one definitely to keep an eye on. Hopefully you can get a better pic of him.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Looks like a good buck Phil but the blurriness makes it tough to tell. Hope you get a better look at him later.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
that looks like a good buck, too bad that pic is so blurry. Is that normal for the bushnells?

Nope. 400 pictures on that card and very few were blurry. Just happened to be the one stinking picture with a couple bucks on it.

DJK Frank
Looks like a pretty decent buck to me, if not a shooter then one definitely to keep an eye on. Hopefully you can get a better pic of him.

Not sure he will be a shooter this year, but maybe a better picture will tell me different. I don't know. Hard to tell. I was just happy to see a couple bucks in this section. Drake probably knows right where it is. Just down from my house across the street. Location has everything you need for deer. It just has way too much human intrusion. There are similar sections of property within a few miles which offer the same amendments with less human interference. Nice to see a couple bucks cruising the area.