Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2012 broadhead selections

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Think I'm gonna shoot 150gr Stinger Buzzcuts. Not sure if I wanna shoot two or four blade yet though.

Fyi... I've been shooting the 4 blade 100's and they fly great. I would think those two little bleeder blades would help open up the hide and tissue, and decrease drag on the arrow shaft during a pass-through.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Just out of curiosity why are you guys shooting 150 grain tips out of your compounds?

I don't shoot 150's, but I would imagine someone would do it to increase FOC and shoot a heavier (total) arrow. I'm going to make the switch to 125's here in a few weeks. 340s are a touch weak for my current setup, and the 300s are a bit too stiff with 100 grain heads... 125 grain heads will dial in spine just right for me... plus I've been wanting to try something a bit heavier overall.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Just out of curiosity why are you guys shooting 150 grain tips out of your compounds?

Because with my setup im not afraid of almost any shot angle a deer gives me. It also quiets my bow and i shoot through deer at longer distances. I prefer 2 holes over one

anyone used the meat seaker broadheads, i heard good entrence and exit holes with lots of spilled blood, but also heard they are know to fail, but couldnt really find a good video on you tube, i think they look to tiny but i could be wrong about em

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Am I the only one that uses Spitfires???

Shot two deer with them. Broke all three blades on one. Broke two blades and snapped it in half on the other one. Could have been a bad batch. Switched to slick tricks and haven't had a single problem.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Shot two deer with them. Broke all three blades on one. Broke two blades and snapped it in half on the other one. Could have been a bad batch. Switched to slick tricks and haven't had a single problem.

I personally had one deflection (really strange event I would have never believed if I hadn't done it myself) and every other deer the broadhead was mangled. Not a fan of the Spitfires either. lol I think Brock uses/used them with great luck.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
this is off subject, but rut nut that thing is a freaking HOGGG in your avatar picture! Musta been because of the rage! haha

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Its a proven fact......Shooting rages makes you shoot bigger deer!!!!

List of things im buying this year, RAGES, OZONICS, NEWEST CAMO, AND CORN.....if I dont kill atleast a button buck im gunna be pissed off!

Haha all kidding aside there are argument to every broadhead Kaiser you have killed some freaking monsters with rage(if i remeber), others hate the things. I just shoot whatever and am open to all options really, but mostly stay with fixed heads.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
List of things im buying this year, RAGES, OZONICS, NEWEST CAMO, AND CORN.....if I dont kill atleast a button buck im gunna be pissed off!

Haha all kidding aside there are argument to every broadhead Kaiser you have killed some freaking monsters with rage(if i remeber), others hate the things. I just shoot whatever and am open to all options really, but mostly stay with fixed heads.

Don't forget to make sure it all has Bone Collector stamped on it.. Everyone knows dang well it doesn't kill big deer unless it's bone Collector.