Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2012 broadhead selections

Used G5 T3's last year and until my neck surgery I was planning to use them again this year. Since I had to crank my bow down a couple turns just to be able to shoot it if I don't work my way back up I will likely go to a fixed blade head......of some sorts.....

Kaiser878

ohio
Rage like always!!!! Kinda excited about the new Rage with the trokar point......If I were to shoot a fixed blade id shoot a Montec. Strong and razor sharp....Plus they are easy to sharpen!

Last edited:

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
Rage like always!!!! Kinda excited about the new Rage with the trokar point......If I were to shoot a fixed blade id shoot a Montec. Strong and razor sharp....Plus they are easy to sharpen!

I thought you were going to convert over to Crimson talons after seeing that massacre on the mountain last year........

Im going to stick with the Slick Trick Mags. I'm going to give the solids a try. I think they will be worth the money. The blades are made out of S30V steel instead of the 420a (cheap USA producted blade steel )and 8cr13mov(chinese produced blade steel) or similiar steels. With a little maintiance and care I think I can get a 2-3 able more seasons out of these broadheads. Yes the entry price is high but I'll save money in the long run.
here is a steel chart.
http://www.kershawknives.com/knifetech.php?feature_id=71&brand=kershaw
If you just look at the vandium levels in CPM S30v (4) to 8cr13mov (0). That is huge, it makes S30V very strong and rust resistant.

Last edited:

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
I would like to give the slick tricks a try, but on the same token I have been shooting the G5 Montecs since 05 and still have the same heads. Like missed said razor sharp and easy to sharpen. That males it tough to spend money on something else.

i shot rage last year, i was impressed left a 3.5 entrance hole and deer piled up within 60 yards , but seen some videos of the t3 and they seem to work really well plus g5 blades are usually really sharp

bowieoutdoors

*Supporting member*
Probably sticking with the Muzzy 3-blade 100gr. I bought practice tips of the G5 Montec, NAP Bloodrunner 3-blade, and Rage 2-blade to try them out and see if I like how they fly but haven't had a chance to try them out yet. In the end I'll probably stick with the Muzzys for at least this year but it never hurts to give something else a try.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Since I'm just hunting deer, I'll be using a mechanical three blade of some sort. May get some more hammerheads as they blow a big hole. May just use the NAP shockwaves again as I've had really good luck with them and I still have a bunch out in the garage. Probably shoot Snuffers out of my trad gear...they do nice work.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
What is the largest cut diameter Broadhead made. I want to take something like 800 grain arrow and blow something like a gobbler guillotine through a deer. Does anyone know someone with the CNC machine that can make me a 5 inch cut slick trick? lmao.

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Jack you say the word and I will hook you up. One of my best friends has a tool and die shop with several cnc machines. Who knows maybe we can all hook up and start our own line of broadheads.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
What is the largest cut diameter Broadhead made. I want to take something like 800 grain arrow and blow something like a gobbler guillotine through a deer. Does anyone know someone with the CNC machine that can make me a 5 inch cut slick trick? lmao.

CNC?... shit, Hoot could just knap something up for you I bet.