Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Hail storm last week

Boone

*Supporting Member*
N.E. O-H-I-O
Ohio has been getting its share of wicked storms lately. We had a wicked hailstorm last week that hit our house with golfball sized hail. My garden is toast and my trees lost about 20% of their leaves. The west side of the house has about 200 holes in the vinyl siding. It looks like we got hit with grapeshot from a cannon. We need a new roof too.

The light fixture in the picture has a .5 inch dent on top.
We were down south helping clean up the farm from the storm down there when this happened back up north!

Attachments

• DSC00114.jpg
    DSC00114.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 247
  • DSC00108.jpg
    DSC00108.jpg
    182.9 KB · Views: 244

Boone

*Supporting Member*
N.E. O-H-I-O
Thanks guys. At least we have insurance. We'll see what they cover after they come out two weeks from now due to all of the storms lately.

Ohiosam, I hope you're right about the garden. My beans look so-so but my zucchini took a beating and lost most of their leaves and the vegetables had hail holes in them. Most of my tomatoes were ruined too.

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
Plants that are defoliated will probably grow out of it. Fruit like the squash and tomatoes won't get better but hopefully it's early enough that they will set more fruit. Just don't give up on it or do anything drastic like tilling it up or mowing it off.