Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Bachelor groups, where are they?

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Went out tonight on the quad to scout. Saw what was either a giant 8 or a ginormous 6. All's I know is I would've shot it. It had width, mass, height... I think it was just missing brows. If it was an 8 it was easy 140's.
He was all by himself until a doe and fawn walked past me and him.

I kept waiting for his buddies but they never appeared. He never got closer than 200 yards and bedded in some thick stuff in the middle of a field so I couldn't confirm if he was a 6 or 8. If it was a 6 it was the biggest I've ever seen.

JD Boyd

*Supporting Member*
Urbana
Saw to sets of twins and a single this morning... Been seeing and getting pics of groups since I've had cams out. Kind of strange situation your in Chad...

Attachments

• 617.jpg
    617.jpg
    177.1 KB · Views: 111

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
I saw a group of 4 bucks about a mile from the house today on the way to work at 5:45. One of them looked to be a real tall 8. They were near the road in some soybeans. Today might be the day to start finding them....

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I never see bachelor groups of bucks. I couldn't tell you the last time I saw 3+ bucks together in the summer. Just doesn't happen much around here...

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
It's very common to see large groups of bucks here during July normally. I have seen as many as 9 bucks running together on a few occasions, but the groups usually average 5.