Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2 Hunting Arrow Choices... Looking for Opinions

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Did some shooting with the new arrahs tonight and I'm fairly pleased with the results. It's going to take a little getting used to the increased arrow drop, but I think it'll be worth it.

As far as the Rayzr feathers go... I did not notice any significant sound difference between them and the 2" Blazers. And I did not notice any difference in trajectory between the Rayzrs and the Blazers. It actually seemed like I could see the Rayzrs spinning the arrow faster than the Blazers... so I'm assuming the feathers are doing a better job steering my arrow.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
I am not giving the Rayzrs a fair comparison yet to the Flex Fletch because the FF's have the major helical where the Rayzrs are just offset.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Not to derail JB, but I need to throw a thank you out to Skeeter Creek. This might answer Wayne's question as well. Is the Elite faster? Yes. Hoyt-315iBo and 275fps out of the chrono with hunting setup. Elite- 340iBo? Unknown chrono as I am waiting on some inserts. SCO found a problem with my Hoyt. Drawstop was missing and this "could" have been the issue I was having last year with hitting high. Could have been lots of things I suppose. All I know is I am going to keep shooting both and look forward to trying the new arrows. Going with the same thing as JB I believe. No wrap, with Blazers, and minus the 50lb weight on the front. lol

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
I think Wayne was talking Hicks there, Milo.

But yes, the Infinity IS the quietest bow I've owned... and with these near-500 grain arrows all I should hear is death happening. :) And that makes me happy happy happy.

Oh, we weren't talking about hicks? LOL I wondered...hhahahahaha thats who I was talkin about