Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Camera Arm?

jeremy44230

Medina County
Ok guys, I am going to give videoing some hunts a go this season... I want to her your opinions on what arms you all use of you video. Looking for a reasonably priced one as a starter to see how it goes. Thanks

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
1. What size/type of camera are you using? It makes a big difference in what you need.
2. What do you consider "reasonably priced?"
3. Your video will only be as good as your Fluid Head. Keep that in mind when factoring in a price.

I have a Muddy Outfitter Arm with a Manfrotto head. Wish I would have went with a heavier duty arm, but other than that, I am extremely happy with the Muddy camera arm's functionality.

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
1. What size/type of camera are you using? It makes a big difference in what you need.
2. What do you consider "reasonably priced?"
3. Your video will only be as good as your Fluid Head. Keep that in mind when factoring in a price.

X2^ Need to know these detail to give a more accurate answer.....

Im filming with a Canon XHA1 and I use a 3rd arm pro extreme with a Manfrotto 701HD head..... The arm has to be strong enough to hold the camera solid and the head has to be fluid enough to give you good footage.

jeremy44230

Medina County
Well, I will be getting a smaller camcorder similar to Canon Vixia or may be using Canon SLR. Not quite sure yet, but one or the other. Looking to get a starter level cam for somewhere between $300-$500... At this point in time, I only want something that I can use for other videoing.

Just been wanting to try this pretty bad for awhile so I gotta start somewhere.

I am open to suggestions, corrections and/or any tips! Appreciate the feedback.

Monster Raxx

Minnesota
Like the others have said you are going to want to get a good fluid head. You wont need a big camera arm yet with a light camera. Good luck and hopefully you will get some great footage to share.

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
Muddys are really nice arms, I too havea third arm system and they are nice as well. I would say the biggest game changer of all is the fluid head. It makes all the difference in the world for solid footage

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
If your going with a canon vixia or a DSLR camera/camcorder then I would look into the muddy or Lone Wolf arms. I used a lone wolf arm with my canon gl2 and LOVED it! If you want something light and easy get the lone wolf arm with an extra arm extension and get a small manfrotto fluid head. You'll want to look into buying a Lanc controller so that you can film everything by simply using your thumber and not dicking around with everything on the camera.