Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

SpyPoint pics of Redcloud's Deer 2012

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
I'm tellin ya, That big ten is the one I saw across the street in the bean field tonight. I think I recognize a couple of the other ones too. never seen that funky little fork horn though. could be the previous owner of that little shed I found in the spring.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
I'm tellin ya, That big ten is the one I saw across the street in the bean field tonight. I think I recognize a couple of the other ones too. never seen that funky little fork horn though. could be the previous owner of that little shed I found in the spring.

I'm sure they all make the loop out there. Seems they have a 3 day loop that they all travel specially during the season. During spring and summer they seem to stay in one place and a smaller loop but come season and they want to make rounds to check on the ladies. I think that last buck with the beams and no points was a BB from last year. Seems to me they never lost that velvet nub and just started growing racks this spring. Never knew a BB would do that but that's what I seen this year for the first time. Pretty cool stuff.

Still can't get over the body size on that 6pt buck. Dude is a pig. Going to name him Chunk lol.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Have been super busy at work the last 2 weeks and hadn't had time to post any updated pics. Went out for a quick cam check last weekend and checked the short soak on the new stand location. I was happy to see the big 8 shed his velvet but very dissipointed with him. The guy has no mass at all. This makes 2 years in a row he has been the same way and I don't see another year doing anything for him.

Also found a new little fella I am calling " The Bull " lmao

Little 3pt and his antlers come straight off his head like a bull. If I can get a better front facing pic tomorrow when I check cams I will post it. Pretty darn funny lol.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Adam got your text but didn't wanna text back this late. Will call them tomorrow for the answer.

Awesome. I appreciate it buddy.

While watching for deer to hit the fields tonight I found they had dragged the old winter weat field and collected the beans in the one field today. I figure the other bean field will be off by mid week. I also think the corn will only be on for about another month and it will be gone as well. Deer are going to be searching high and low for a food source just before the rut this year. Might just loose an arrow on one this year lol.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Nothing to report on today's cam check. Just a few does with fawns and Bull showed up again on both cams but that's it. Things are about to change out there with crops coming off now but I think they will still be moving around back in the woods hitting the oaks. The pasture stand is just down from a huge white oak so hope to have a good hunt for the first couple weeks of the season out of that stand. Then I will have to move it and start all over again lol.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
No doubt on the crop issues this year. Going to be a year to adapt and figure out some things for those of us hunting areas without a lot of woods.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
as of 12/26 Bull and Big 8 was still alive along with another small fork horn and a BB

[video=youtube;7ABz0XbaQ28]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ABz0XbaQ28&list=UUupWLBS53K9R-N7e9kCsO8Q&index=1[/video]

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
as of 12/26 Bull and Big 8 was still alive along with another small fork horn and a BB

[video=youtube;7ABz0XbaQ28]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ABz0XbaQ28&list=UUupWLBS53K9R-N7e9kCsO8Q&index=1[/video]

That's great Adam! You'll have sheds to hunt for and hopefully two very nice bucks to chase this fall!good luck in both!