Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

SpyPoint pics of Redcloud's Deer 2012

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Heading to the apple tree that finally produced some apples this year.

Couple of the young studs for the future

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Always nice having an apple tree this time of year!

Best part is, that tree is only 40 yards or so from my stand and if they want to hit it in the morning or evening going from the cornfield a 100 yards away they have to funnel right by my stand at less then 7 yards give or take a few yards lol. By the time season rolls around I figure corn will come off pretty early so it's going to come down to that apple tree and the oak trees not far from here too ;)

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Have yet to see the big 8 or the big 9 this year. I am thinking the big 8 was killed by a car and the big 9 Dante found dead just to the west of this cam a couple hundred yards away in thick brush but the antlers had already shed. Big body and a huge head so it had to be one of them or a buck I never got on cam. By the tooth age he didn't look to be more then 3.5-4 years old so that would fit as well. Time will tell I guess and I hope to hell they both made it. Would love to see what they did this year with growth.

Thinking with the heat the deer are just staying in the deep woods and not hitting the edges much yet. The riverbottom will be a saving grace to keeping the bucks in the area and not to mention there is 5 apple trees producing in the little section of treeline near my stand this year ;)

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
Hope he adds some tine length and a little more on the mass but will be a great up and comer for next year.

next year!?!
hate to tell ya buddy, but if he comes by me and I have a tag to burn.......

...just sayin.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
next year!?!
hate to tell ya buddy, but if he comes by me and I have a tag to burn.......

...just sayin.

Just wait buddy. There are better and bigger ones out there....Just sayin lol. The big 8pt is alive and well and he brought friends lol.

[video=youtube;ezgUasjgNVU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezgUasjgNVU&feature=plcp[/video]

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
No time stamp on the video. were they coming out for the evening or heading in before daylight?
Seems like they were coming out of the woods last year, not going in.

apperently they like popcorn:smiley_clap:

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
No time stamp on the video. were they coming out for the evening or heading in before daylight?
Seems like they were coming out of the woods last year, not going in.

apperently they like popcorn:smiley_clap:

They didn't come out until after 10:30 pm and heading toward my upper lick and apple tree :smiley_clap:.

And yes, they do like popcorn lmao