Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Cotty's 2012 trail cam thread

Buckslayer

*Supporting Member*
Jackson County
OH! I almost forgot!!! Check it out! It's divine intervention. First Jesus shows up as a cornflake. Then his face appears in wood grain on doors. Now he's on a doe in the woods...

Also see a facial image on the tree behind the deer above the back...

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Back at the spot where I got the pics of the wide 9 I got some crappy video of a giant 8. The video was short because I stopped the camera to hit the stabilizer button. As soon as I picked back up to video, he decided to move out of view pretty quick. I moved in better position but the next time I saw him he was across the field and kept looking in the opposite direction of me and got out of the area fast. I was able to get a GREAT look at him in the woods line. I think he's going to have a real bright white rack and he seems very symmetrical. I'm not sure what his hurry was, but he didn't hang around. He is very wide, very high, and has about 4" brows. If you pause around the 3 second mark you get a decent idea of his size.

I wish I would've just kept the camera rolling.

[video=youtube;aunzquG4Hro]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aunzquG4Hro&list=UU6E7StzQhNgpkq4sUPkibmg&index=1&feature=plcp[/video]

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Maybe not as big as the video, but that is a DANDY of an 8pt! He will be hard to pass. Too bad his brow tines weren't a little longer. Throw some 4-6" brow tines on there and I don't see too many passing on him. Shoot, most wouldn't pass him now. Great deer Mike!