Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Cotty's 2012 trail cam thread

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Ohhhh.... That went right over my head! Lol

Yeah I was super zoomed in and makes for the holding the camera still pretty tough.

Fuggers...

Farther you zoom the tougher it is to hold steady. Had to bust your chops a bit. Nice buck!

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Well, this sucks. Nothing good on the camera for the last two checks (2 weeks). Bright side, I did spot another big 10 in a trusty place that no one hunts so I do still have possibilities out there. Saw him yesterday evening.
But, I need the place where the cams are to pick up. It's been better than this time last year, but still no defenite shooters.

Dang coyote out on, what we call, "the point". This cam has been producing about 300 pics in one week, but all doe and this canine.

Meanwhile... at the plot cam we only had 60 pics in one week. These two guys showed up. IN the foreground is a 7 (perfect for the boys) and in the background is a 10 that will be a good one if he can survive another year.

At the "buck crossing" spot where we got the biggest ones on cam so far, we had over 600 pics in one week. Mostly of doe and fawns and few small fellers. The bigger ones haven't shown back up in two weeks.

Here's a young yote ...

Here's "Goofy"...

Gotta love some foreplay. Maybe they've been reading 50 Shades of Gray?

The Buck Crossing cam is full of doe. Granted, it's alot of pics of a mom and 2 fawns, but there are a few other doe that frequent this spot. One pic had 6 doe in it. That is what I am counting on later on. There are always a ton of rubs around this area and this will be the first year that I've attempted to hunt this spot on this property. Somehow, this spot slipped under the radar. I just hope I'm not getting my hopes up too high about it only to be let down on sightings. We shall see...

Last edited:

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
OH! I almost forgot!!! Check it out! It's divine intervention. First Jesus shows up as a cornflake. Then his face appears in wood grain on doors. Now he's on a doe in the woods...

Oh Mike, that's just a skull tat! Several does in my area have started getting them TOO, mostly on their neck though. Must just be a phase.:smiley_coolpeace:

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Another check and another let down in regard to shooters this season. The 8 from the "The Buck Crossing" spot showed back up. In fact, he was there alot. I sure wish he had bigger brows. Feel free to share your thoughts on what he measures. I think he will look real nice walking through the woods, but I fear he would be a let down once he was in my hands. As of right now, I say no way.

I'm really disappointed in the fact that two of the bucks that were on my list last year have not showed up this year. Both "Brother" and "Jagger" have vanished. I'm beginning to really feel what Jesse feels in regard to Moe. I know I don;t have near the histroy, but I was really hoping they would pop up and I believe I am in the heart of their stomping ground with the Crossing cam.

Here is the 8 that I named "Stripe". Check out the dark stripe down his back in a couple pics. Maybe he is starting to get his fall coat?:

In my opinion, he is not a shooter this year, but I am curious what you guys think he measures. I would love to see him make it another year.

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
On the plot camera were a few bucks with some good potential for next year. However, if they show up for my boys, there is no way I can tell them "no". I would love to see the 10 make it through this season. He already has signs of mass and i think he will be a good one next year.
This is a spot where we will be putting a ground blind for the boys so hopefully they see some action.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Great start for some of those bucks Mike. Hate to see them killed early, but to see the boys get a shot at them would be well worth it. If not them, some goon may shoot them on a neighboring farm anyway. Might as well watch the boys get excited. I would be just as excited as they would be as I am sure you will too.

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
We ended up taking one of our cameras from our usual piece of property and placing it on another piece that we haven't hunted in awhile. This is where we had been seeing some good ones out in the field. We were able to get this nice 9 pointer (and of course the resident coyote... again). This is where we've been seeing a big 10 and a huge 6, so getting this 9 on camera is getting my wheels turning about stand placement here somewhere. I wish this 9 had a little more in the brow department.