Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Cotty's 2012 trail cam thread

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
Couple nice bucks.... like Jesse said once the velvet sheds I usually make the final decision to kill or not on questionable bucks. Then again if they are questionable now then there may be some reasoning behind it...

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
The one on 7/14 at 8:59 reminds me a lot of your big one you killed a couple years looking at his frame. The straight on pic not as much, but that is the first thing I thought of when I seen the pic from the side.

Some nice pics Mike!

Ya know, that's funny you say that because that's what I was thinking. I think it is the angle of his head and how he is posing.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Better than no bucks. Good deal Mike. You know they will start showing up eventually. Good luck man!

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Better than no bucks. Good deal Mike. You know they will start showing up eventually. Good luck man!

True... At this point last year I wasn't getting crap. I'm encouraged that the place I thought they'd be is actually correct. I'll be placing a stand in that spot real soon.
I'm confident that more will show there and this spot will be active during the rut.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Very nice bucks Mike! Both of those bucks have nice potential. I usually subtract at least 8-10 inches on 8 pts. with velvet when trying to get a grip as to what they might end up scoring. They would both be great targets for your boys! Goodluck Mike

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
My dad and I went out field spotting this evening.

Very poor quality, but this is my iPhone through my binoculars. Lol
This is a great 10 point in a spot where we've also spotted a 6 point, yes 6 point, of equal size. Couldn't get a pic of the 6 but he was out tonight too. This 10 is easy 140 or better. Perfect rack.

The 6 is just amazing. He is missing brows but is just an absolute giant.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1342753850.792582.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1342753868.909961.jpg

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
That is a STUD Mike! I'd like to see one of you four get him and the 6 point. If the six has tine length and a frame like him, he'll net P&Y easily.

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I'm telling you, he does. I've never seen a 6 like him. I never thought I'd ever say I'd shoot a 6, but there's not a doubt in my mind. My dad thinks the 6 is bigger. I say they're pretty even.
We got a great look at him tonight but it was at last light and the photos were worse than the 10.

My goal is to set the boys up on these two bucks in the early season in the tents along the field edge. We have seen them come out on bot sides of the field so a tent on each side would work if luck is on our side.

I'll hang a stand in the vicinity as well for days when the boys can't go. First come first serve! Lol

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Here is some video of a buck in the same vicinity of the 10 and Big 6 we've been seeing. I can't tell if it is the 10 or not. It was awfully dark when we seen him and the video is just not good enough to tell. However, I think this guys had some size to him.
[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cd7XQIE2Jp0&list=UU6E7StzQhNgpkq4sUPkibmg&index=1&feature=plcp[/video]

at1010

*Supporting Member*
nice pics man, just kill them so we can get a better look at them :smiley_clap: