Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Any one else have bad results with Cuddeback cameras?

Monster Raxx

Minnesota
I have alot of cameras and I have tried numerous brands. The worst luck on cameras that I feel I have spent a decent amount of $ on are Cuddeback cameras by far. I have bought atleast a dozen over the years and I have only had one that really worked great. Some of the models have been the worst camera I have used. The only thing worse seems to be the customer service. My idea of helping fix the problem isnt to send in the camera and pay another 50% for a different camera :(

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Moultries aren't no better. They pretty much handle their returned merchandise the same way. Sorry to hear your probs TOO.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
cudde's have propped up their reputation with glitzy superstars while grossly underperforming. There are so much better cameras out there for the money its redonkulous...Spypoints especially.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I had two Cuddebacks when they were at the top of the heap. It seems like many companies who reach the top, they forgot what made them the best. From all I have heard, their customer service is complete shit and they have cheapened their cams to the point that they are just high priced pieces of crap. I guess when you have to shell out big $ to pay all your pimps, you have to cut costs somewhere. Shame on you Cuddeback!!!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
No Cuddeback experience. Similar experiences with Bushnell. I have sent in a dozen Trophy Cams in the last several years. Like the Cuddes, they are great cameras. . . when they are working. I have had very good customer service from Bushnell. This has been their saving grace. Problem is, I don't want to own 10-12 cameras in order to keep 4-6 in the field working while the others are in transit to/from Bushnell. Frustrating. Last year my buddy and I went in together and bought 4 Spypoint cameras. Knock on wood. They have served me well. There are pros and cons to them. Much of it was simply a different learning curve to find out how to best implement these cameras to the lineup. The guys on TOO have been of great assistance in offering suggestions and the Spypoint cameras have become a great tool for us!

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
I had two, Capture and Capture IR. I never had any problems with mine, but they didn't see a ton of use. I have since sold them. My cousin however has had some trouble with his and I can verify the complaint about their customer service. Pretty much told him that there was no problem with the camera and that he was "out of luck". We did side by side tests with two identical cameras and verified that the flash range was almost 1/3 on one than the other. Cudde did some basic diagnostics over the phone and then the "shit out of luck response".

I love the trigger speed, but will probably never own another one.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I got into the camera game late and learned from everyone elses mistakes and went with the spypoints and have nothing but good luck with them so I'm sticking with what works for me.....

Longdraw

Central,Ohio
I have the original no-flash cuddeback,and have never had a real issue with it,but had compact flash cards mess up and I thought it was the camera