Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

New Broadhead comin'

Milo

Tatonka guide.
http://solid-broadheads.com/

new heads coming on the market...these are supposed to be comparable to German Kinetics. pricey yes but built strong..

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Looks like a bad mamajama.. What's the cost? I'm going to say $70 for three.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
these are 75 for 3 kinetics are 75 and 80 depending on width....difference in these versus others heads are they are meant to be resharpened and reused. most broadheads today are throw aways..

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
That is a really impressive head. Guys, watch the videos if you have time... These broadheads look to be the real deal.

---

Milo, did you get layaway set up for Skeeter Creek yet? :)

runhunter

guys I broke down and just ordered a pack of 100 grain's. I normally shoot Rage 2 blades, and never had a mechanical issue or failure. Even though it's never happened, I can't say I don't have the thought of a failure in the back of my mind at times, because some blades just dont seem to snap back in and lock like you want them to. So I'm going to try them and see what happens. It's $75, not $500 and they are reusable, seem strong as hell, and should last. If I can spend $40 on a disposable one shot mechanical, what's another $35?? Should be here in a few days, I'll let you know what I find once I start shooting

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
guys I broke down and just ordered a pack of 100 grain's. I normally shoot Rage 2 blades, and never had a mechanical issue or failure. Even though it's never happened, I can't say I don't have the thought of a failure in the back of my mind at times, because some blades just dont seem to snap back in and lock like you want them to. So I'm going to try them and see what happens. It's $75, not $500 and they are reusable, seem strong as hell, and should last. If I can spend $40 on a disposable one shot mechanical, what's another $35?? Should be here in a few days, I'll let you know what I find once I start shooting

Hard to argue with that logic.

I'm looking forward to hearing what you think about these heads!

runhunter

The other thing is they are guaranteed for life. I was turkey hunting this spring, and 2 brand new Rage that I just couldn't get to lock tight to the ferrule. I was in the blind fussing with em and I got pissed. Now that I have this OH property, a possible WI trip in Sept, and property to hunt on the eastern Shore in MD, I may have a chance at somethin serious. I just want to make sure, mechanically, everything is sound, and if I miss or wound, it's because I did something wrong. It's still gonna hurt, but I can't make excuses and have no one else to blame, so...

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
The other thing is they are guaranteed for life. I was turkey hunting this spring, and 2 brand new Rage that I just couldn't get to lock tight to the ferrule. I was in the blind fussing with em and I got pissed. Now that I have this OH property, a possible WI trip in Sept, and property to hunt on the eastern Shore in MD, I may have a chance at somethin serious. I just want to make sure, mechanically, everything is sound, and if I miss or wound, it's because I did something wrong. It's still gonna hurt, but I can't make excuses and have no one else to blame, so...

Very sound logic. And an exact synopses of why I don't shoot mechanicals.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Very sound logic. And an exact synopses of why I don't shoot mechanicals.

Same here. When Jack made the switch, I wasn't far behind. I also shot Rages and had great luck with them. In fact, the most devastation I've ever caused to a deer, was a Rage through two ribs of a 6.5 year old buck as he quarter away at 32 yards. Cut his liver in two pieces and chopped a couple pieces off the tops of his lungs. But with that said, they are still open to failure 100% more than a fixed blade and that was a doubt I was having trouble living with. I TOO will be interested to hear how you like these as I'm on the fence right now since I love my Slick Tricks, but I do like the looks of this head...