Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Our new addition

buckstar25

T-county
Knock on wood, so far this is the best plot we have had. Trial and error for a while. Having the right equipment makes a huge difference, especially when time is limited.

My goal still remains the same, quality doe management! Ha! So far I am estimating 11 fawns have disappeared. Coyote sightings are at an all time high also.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
plots looking good!

I hear ya on the doe mgt, I love shooting them but I am doing everythign I can to try to help them survive on my farm!

buckstar25

T-county
plots looking good!

I hear ya on the doe mgt, I love shooting them but I am doing everythign I can to try to help them survive on my farm!
Yea, so far we are doing a decent job of keeping a nice group of does on our property. As many as 11 and through the spring fawning we had 7 regulars that all dropped at least one fawn.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Yea, so far we are doing a decent job of keeping a nice group of does on our property. As many as 11 and through the spring fawning we had 7 regulars that all dropped at least one fawn.

hell 11 thats pretty good! I was happy to get a pic of 6 or 7 at one time last year!

buckstar25

T-county
Albert we had the same problem 3 years ago. Keep at it and the does will figure out where they need to be.

Manage your place the best way you can and it will pay off. The problem is the fact that 11 does is nothing for the neighbors to take out in a week.....been there done that. That's why I switched gears and started making changes to try and keep them on our side of the valley.

buckstar25

T-county
Here are the latest pictures, one week later and the plot is looking awesome!
uploadfromtaptalk1408924311337.jpguploadfromtaptalk1408924330069.jpguploadfromtaptalk1408924348965.jpg

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Jealous man! Sure wish I had mine planted a lot earlier. As it is, I'll be lucky to get them in this week. Just wasn't my year to be on top of things. You guys are doing it right!

buckstar25

T-county
We got lucky with the rain, it came at the right time and not too much. The peas have been untouched as of today. The deer are actually preferring the weeds in one spot more than the plot itself. I don't know what it is but they are eating it everywhere it has popped up!/

Had to deal with some neighbors yesterday. They (young kids) didn't make a very wise decision when they decided to take a brand new Dodge Ram down our pipeline. The bottom of the line is a swampy mess and ate that truck up! Then it took the clamshell dozer, they finally pulled it out with a big 850 sized Dresser. On the bright side, I now have fresh dirt to throw some no till down......uploadfromtaptalk1409020993508.jpg