Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

antler growth

matty636

mville
ive seen pics up so far this year of velvet but has anybody had 6 -8 distinctive points this early in the year i was thinking things start off slow just put the cams out hope to post some pics and share the monsters ive seen

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I have just started running cams TOO. I guess there is the cam we run year round, but we haven't checked it in a month or so. On one cam I got a pretty decent buck with 5 distinctive points so far. I think in the next month we will see huge leaps.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I haven't gotten anything with more than a few distinct points yet on the trail cams... But my buddy's got a good deal of growth occurring at his deer farm right now. It was extremely humbling to view those pen-raised bucks and compare them to the wild ones. It's apples to oranges, of course... but still.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
this little fella.

points.jpg

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Deuce was such a freak...

No kidding. It just sucks knowing that I'll never hunt a deer that size again. I honestly believe that. I'm just thankful I'm left with pictures and a story that will stand the test of time. Having him on MY wall would just be icing on the cake...

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
No kidding. It just sucks knowing that I'll never hunt a deer that size again. I honestly believe that. I'm just thankful I'm left with pictures and a story that will stand the test of time. Having him on MY wall would just be icing on the cake...

Dude, you've got at least another 35 or 40 years left of hunting in you... it'll happen again... maybe even more than once.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Dude, you've got at least another 35 or 40 years left of hunting in you... it'll happen again... maybe even more than once.

I am with Jim. I fully believe you will have at MINIMUM another one or two like him to hunt. There will be plenty of 140-160" deer in between as well. I forget where Deuce ended up. Was it 180's?

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Jesse, I agree with JB and Phil. You have many more years ahead of you! If Moe is still there, I say you'll be on another one this year! I sure hope he is, time will tell, but CJ won't be no slouch either.