Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Turkey Fan Mount is back!

I got a call from Dave Bailey, my taxidermist and he said that my turkey fan mount was ready to be picked up. :smiley_bril: Mine was the 3rd turkey to be turned in to him, in Allen county and it was shot on the 24th of April. Pretty quick service...and good quality too. :smiley_blink: Only $115 for this mount.

Turkey Fan Mount

Beard and Feet

Bowhunter57

HuckleberryFinn,
Thanks!
One of the hulls is the one that I shot him with and the other one was fired for the mount. Kinda like it, myself. :smiley_blink:

I walked through the location where I shot him, about 2 weeks later and found the shot cup. It had to have hit him, as it was laying on the ground where he fell. :smiley_blackeye: He never knew what hit him...a 1 7/8 oz. load of #5s, at 12 yards. I had this gun/ammo patterned at 40 yds. with 47 pellets in a 10" circle...I can't imagine the pellet count at 12 yds.

Bowhunter57

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Looks good, 57! I really like what he did with the feet.

Next time though, save the $115 and pick up a $5 box of Borax at Walmart... you can do this kind of thing yourself very easily.

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
Looks good, 57! I really like what he did with the feet.

Next time though, save the $115 and pick up a $5 box of Borax at Walmart... you can do this kind of thing yourself very easily.

Yeah what JB said....this project can be done pretty easily by yourself in the garage for less than 30 dollars....try it on your next bird.

Looks very nice though, congrats!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
If I ever shoot a turkey, I envision something like this for my mount as well. Looks great 57!