Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

The Johnny King Buck

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Jus because they made their decision it doesn't mean it was the right one. I didn't think they would change their mind anyway. Time to move on.

JD Boyd

*Supporting Member*
Urbana
The way to score a typ point from what I was told by a scorer once is you must be able to stick your finger between the tines and rest it on the main beam. As you can see on this one you can't.

Flatlander

Darby Creek
Well, at least we know JD will be able to tell if his buck will be the new World Record when he see's it. We're counting on you to bring Ohio the title JD. Good call!

bowieoutdoors

*Supporting member*
My opinion is the record books can kiss my pasty white you know what. If he's on my wall and in my freezer that's all that matters. This garbage has become way too political.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
This post is NOT to degrade the awesomeness of this particular buck. It was killed by a hunter named Ron Cox up in Maine and was deemed the "Potato Pile Buck". It has been officially scored as a typical. It grossed 209 2/8's typical and netted 192 4/8's typical.

The brows are clearly not on the top of the main beams. The g3 on his right side appears to be sharing a common base with the g2. The circumference in that spot is nearly 3" different than the measurement on the other side. I know when scoring these awesome bucks with lots of bone, the scorer or scorers are left to make some judgement calls but this deer looked to have benefited when compared to how the King buck was scored. IMO

Clearly, some deer are the exception not the rule.

This is clearly a mega monster of a buck! The mass is off the charts and belongs on the Bass Pro Legends wall but so does the King buck but not as a 180" typical IMHO. Just sayin'.

These pics came off my TV from my iphone. Sorry for the quality of the pics.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I'm no official scorer by any stretch of the imagination, but I think there was far more going in to this than simple, objective scoring. My honest opinion is Johnny King got screwed...

Mountaineer

Banned
WV
I have 5 bucks that i could enter in the OBBC..but i just dont have any desire to do so. Maybe one day my stance on the issue will change..who knows.

matthewusmc8791

NE Ohio
They do the same shit with NT when scoring them "irregular". It's bs just to preserve their legacy bucks that have been replicated and displayed all over.

+1 .. its all about the money and these old timers.. It woudl be nice if someone else woudl creat a scoring system... just to piss PY and BC off.. scumbags