Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

FS offseason TC pics and videos 2012

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Just for future reference we should use the word "caddywhompass" more often. Carry on...

lmao Charles! I concur!!!

Thanks to Ron, we have our very first bloody freshly shedded buck.:smiley_clap:

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
It's been awhile since I've posted any pics on here but haven't had really much to post. I just recently got this buck I've named the Gnome Buck on video over a scrape on 9-24-12 at 9:41 pm.
Here are a couple a still shots.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Gnomer came back thru again. He stood here for over 5 minutes staring at this camera. I have a treestand 30 yards to the left.

Here he is checking out the scrape again. It on! He knows he's being hunted now.

Here's a new visitor thats a 5x7 with 2-3 other scorable sticker points

Here is another 3.5+ buck that has a very unique rack:

Here is another 3.5+ buck but he only has a half rack. TOO bad, he's be a nice one TOO!

All four bucks visited this scrape at nght in an 8 day stretch. Hopefully these guys start getting antsy when the does start coming in. I have several groups of doe videos at this scrape site TOO, as well as 2-3 other small bucks. Hope you enjoyed the videos!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Thanks John, I'm still hoping a bigger buck shows up but so far he's the best looking buck I've found so far. Bonehead is either dead or found a new home. A little(very little) part of me hopes Gnomer DOESN'T offer me or anyone else a shot this year because I think next year could be a huge jump for him.

Last edited:

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Dang Ric when you going too get a crack at him????? Is he bedding near by? Or just doing the nomad thing right now????

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Dang Ric when you going too get a crack at him????? Is he bedding near by? Or just doing the nomad thing right now????

that

J, I think he's bedded somewhere off the property vs staying bedded in a standing cornfield till well after dark though. In other words, he's on his feet during alittle daylight somewhere else but not where I can hunt him.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
See Ric, the way Gnomer acted in the first two videos is the reason I decided to pull my cams. I love running video mode, but I feel it is doing more harm than good this year. I have had more deer react negatively to the IR in video mode than I ever did (to my knowledge) in picture mode. I plan on relocating my cameras to scrapes on field edges that can be easily checked, and should have less impact on my hunting areas. I don't wanna booger up my big buck hunting because I wanna get every last video of the big guy under my stand before I shoot him. I know they are in there, and that's good enough for now.

RUT NUT

Great looking buck! He looks a lot like one on my hit list. Some of the same characteristics. Good luck sticking him with an arrow!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
See Ric, the way Gnomer acted in the first two videos is the reason I decided to pull my cams. I love running video mode, but I feel it is doing more harm than good this year. I have had more deer react negatively to the IR in video mode than I ever did (to my knowledge) in picture mode. I plan on relocating my cameras to scrapes on field edges that can be easily checked, and should have less impact on my hunting areas. I don't wanna booger up my big buck hunting because I wanna get every last video of the big guy under my stand before I shoot him. I know they are in there, and that's good enough for now.

I've been contemplating pulling my cams as well Greg. If the fuggar has a prob with the IR he ought a try coming around in the daylight sometime! Rotflmao

I do have the option of setting the cam for daylight operation only. I might give that a try.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Getting ready to head out and pull my only two cameras that are still out. Both have sat for almost two weeks and one is over that heavily used scrape. Can't wait to see what visited it. Stay tuned!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
HAHAHA, not much on them but I did get my 2012 Halloween Buck on video 3 days prior at nearly the exact same time walking the same loop he did the day I killed him. I had history with him and didn't even know it!lmao

I'm downloading the video as I speak and will post it iin a few minutes.

Done: