Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

FS offseason TC pics and videos 2012

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Just got caught up with your pics Ric..... All I can say is Dammit Man! You addin' steroids to your blocks? Extremely nice deer dude!

Hate to hear about the camera. Shame you feel the need to put a camera on your camera now-a-days. I lost a 2 week old Cuddeback a couple years ago and it sure makes you feel violated. Hope you catch the low-life!

Boone

*Supporting Member*
N.E. O-H-I-O
Why can't people just stay off property they don't have permission to be on, much less leave YOUR stuff alone. I have to go back and move my coyote cam too before my moron comes back and takes it.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Thanks guys, I agree though, the violated feeling is like a kick in the junk. This is where I wish I had a tracking devise on the cam.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I'm still getting mostly small bucks,does and fawn pics with most of my cameras pulled. Just can't take the risk of having another cam stolen. If I get any nice bucks on cam I'll be sure to post them so check in occasionally. Here are some pics from 3 TS I put up several weeks ago.

Here is a set I'm really excited about, it's a set in the middle of a thicket surrounded by CRP,beanfield,cornfield and bedding area. In the middle of this pic is an intersection where 3 different trails cross. The crossong is 30 yards away and is crosswind with a SW wind so in other words the wind is blowing from right to left as you look at it.

Here is a set over a beanfield but next to a major travel corridor, again set up for a SW wind.

Same stand but different view across the field toward the downwind side with a SW wind. The travel routes are inside the woods to my back.

Here is a stand at the end of a finger between two standing cornfields. I saw several bucks from this set last year including the buck I killed last year.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Thanks gordo! I'll post more pics from the other sets when I get time. I need to get started on my clothes in the near future.lol

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Thanks guys! I'm stoked for the season to start as I'm sure you all are TOO! Here are some more views from the stand:

View from the thicket stand towards the beanfield into the W

View from same stand towards the CRP into the N-NE

View from same stand towards part of the bedding area into the SW

View from the far side of the beanfield. The thicket is 200+ yards away in the background. I have another stand off to the right along the field edge near an inside corner.

View down onto a tractor path from the finger stand.

Pic I took of one of several bucks I had come down the path last year.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Just wanted to clarify that this is indeed a thicket. I'm in the center of it in a clearing with the thick and nasty stuff out about 50 yards or so. It's the typical maple and oak patch with poison ivy growing up nearly every tree. I spent a half hour cutting and pulling PI vines out of this tree. I have a nice quiet entry to this particular set due to a couple long low spots that are nearly always under stagnate water killing everything but, you guessed it, poison fuggin ivy! I can't wait to hunt this spot on my first hunt of the season if the wind is right.