Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

FS offseason TC pics and videos 2012

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
IMO, totally on assumption here, since this is/was the first we knew of this deer he was out of his home core and other hunters knew of him and were already hunting him and waiting on his sheds to fall. He probably went back to his core area where there is more food in the fields and the awaiting shed hunters found them. Congrats to them!

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
Well, that didn't take long! Both sheds were found this weekend. Two different people found each side. A buddy of mine knows one of the individuals, and the right side scored 71". It was the small side. I will try to track down some pictures for ya all. Good thing is, He's still alive and well!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Well here's the smaller 71" side you sent me.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
So you thinking around 160" gross and maybe 145" net?

I guess it doesn't matter. Stud of a deer either way. I had mid 50s in my head until you said small side was 71. Lol

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
So you thinking around 160" gross and maybe 145" net?

I guess it doesn't matter. Stud of a deer either way. I had mid 50s in my head until you said small side was 71. Lol

Phil, from what I was told, it scored 162" gross. With 7" in side to side and 7" in abs, it would net at 148" net typical. If he grows at all, he will put on a lot of non-typs next season. If its the deer that I think that I had on TC 2 years ago. He is around 4.5-5.5 years old. IMO, that's prime age for growth.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Phil, from what I was told, it scored 162" gross.With 7" in side to side and 7" in abs, it would net at 148" net typical. If he grows at all, he will put on a lot of non-typs next season. If its the deer that I think that I had on TC 2 years ago. He is around 4.5-5.5 years old. IMO, that's prime age for growth.

That's VERY impressive for being a main framed 8 basically. His G4's are a non factor...