Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

FS offseason TC pics and videos 2012

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Well guys I just put out one camera today but like JB last week, at least I got the ball rolling. I'm starting to run a cam in block of timber that I've never hunted before that I do have permission on. I've kinda stayed away from it because it's used as a bedding and staging area sometimes and is between two cropfields. The fields are in the 10 to 15 acre size and are either in beans or corn. The middle of it always is under water where posionivy can't grow but the everything else is knee deep in he shit! Every Friggin tree no matter the size has it growing up them. I'm trying to find a treestand location on the N-NE side of it along a CRP field. The block is 70yds by 120yds. I put out a salt block and one cam next to one of the fields which happens to be where one set of Boneheads sheds fell and where I gave him a haircut last Oct. 2nd. If he's still out there I hope to get some velvet footage of him throughout the season.

I have two more blocks and cams to put out this week and I'll be done. I plan on checking the cams on a two to three week basis. I'll keep y'all posted.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Sounds good Ric. It would be awesome to verify you have Bonehead's number from early on. You know as well as anyone though, these dang trail cameras can be a blessing and a curse. Some of the best pictures I have gotten are deer someone else has killed. lmao

On the flip side, it sure is motivation to see the big boy on camera throughout the year and have that knowledge going into the season!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Sounds good Ric. It would be awesome to verify you have Bonehead's number from early on. You know as well as anyone though, these dang trail cameras can be a blessing and a curse. Some of the best pictures I have gotten are deer someone else has killed. lmao

On the flip side, it sure is motivation to see the big boy on camera throughout the year and have that knowledge going into the season!

Yeah Phil, your spot on. This will be by far the earliest I've put them out. I just want to get as many pictures of several target bucks this year starting in the early growing period thru shedding, if I can. I always try to watch my scent and swap cards during midday on a 2 to 3 week schedule. Inventory is my main goal of course but I'm also hoping to get some handle where they spend most of their time feeding as the start of season draws near.

Boone

*Supporting Member*
N.E. O-H-I-O
Man, I saw the title and thought you already had something good to post! I'll keep checking back cuz I know they will come soon.

BTW I hate poison ivy too.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Man, I saw the title and thought you already had something good to post! I'll keep checking back cuz I know they will come soon.

BTW I hate poison ivy too.

Sorry Boone.

Here are a few pics just before Turkey season that I got on camera right before I pulled them for a month.

Got this little fella to walk within 5 yards of me while turkey hunting and he never saw or smelled me.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Here are a few pics I took of my turkey hunting this spring. I had so many photo opts but unfortunately I didn't take many pics. I guess I was in kill mode and blew my chance. I had some turkeys in very close range this season but mostly hens. I did have one big tom at 7 yards but he came in on my right side and I couldn't get turned on him.

JD Boyd

*Supporting Member*
Urbana
Just curious as to why JD. Will this be the latest you've put out cameras?

It will be the latest I've put them out in about 5 years. First year I started with cams was around 06. Salt blocks are out or going out in new places this weekend. The bucks that will be going to them will be there in late july early august anyways so I just wanna take it a little slower this year and not be in and out of the places once a week or two weeks. I'm gonna go back to doing more road scouting this year and keep scent out of my good spots...

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Thanks buddy! Good sound decision. Nothing wrong from road scouting....cooler full of beers and less skeeter bites.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I swapped two of my 4 cards today and was pleasantly surprised! He was on video but I took three pics off the computer to share with y'all.

Here's a little feller