Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Wish me luck

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Good Deal Matt. I hope it all works out just as you're thinking. When you do get big, remember your TOO brothers when you're passing out free samples:smiley_clap:

matt hougan

Dayton area
I used my network today to get some background info on the gentlman that will be conducting my interview. I learned several little nuggets that may help. In the mean time I have been studying product catalogs diligently.

matt hougan

Dayton area
Well, I drove out to the airport in Indy and met with the regional sales manager for my face to face interview. It went very well. He even mentioned that it went very well which is a rare comment in most interviews. I know the guy that interviewed before me is out. There are at least two others to interview. I got an email from him yesterday stating that he would be talking to his boss and that they would be making thier decision late next week. I should know something either way by 6/14 or 15. I think I stand a good chance of getting this job but you never know who else they could be looking at. Half of Dayton is praying for me.......LOL I have wanted few things more than I want this job. Since then I have been studying product catalogs and even doing research about the territory.

matt hougan

Dayton area
Some updates,

I did not get the job. The guy that interviewed me said I had a great interview and that if anything happened he would call me. Needless to say I was devistated and honestly pretty skeptical of being called in the future.

Well, I must have made some sort of an impression on him. He did indeed call me this past November. He had just fired the guy he hired ahead of me and wanted me to re-apply for the job. I did that. I had a second interview in December and even spoke with the President of the company over the phone. Phone interview was mainly about duck hunting, lol. Yesterday I got a call from my new Boss. As of Feb 1 I will be the Ohio/W. Pa territory rep for Pradco Outdoor Brands. Ever hear of Summit, Code Blue, Moultrie, Knight & Hale etc....

Woo Hoo!

Ricer2231

Way to go Matt. Ya had me all down in the dumps reading the beginning of your last post then it kept getting better and better. I hope your new job is all you hoped for and more. Now get out there and sell something! ;)