Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Wish me luck

matt hougan

Dayton area
Had a phone interview today with a huge hunting fishing company today. I am hopeful it went well enough to get a face to face interview. I can't tell you how long I have waited and how badly I want this.

You prayer warriors out there, I would really appreciate you sendin a few up for me.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Good luck Matt! I used to think I wanted to do the same, then I got wise to what a cut-throat and ruthless world territory sales really is, especially in the hunting industry. I'm glad its something you want to do and hope it works out!!!

matt hougan

Dayton area
I got an email yesterday while sipping a coffee at McDonalds. I let out a little Woop Woop. I have been invited to an interview at the end of the month in Indy. Better than that is I wasn't expecting to hear from them for another wek. The fact I heard from early tells me they are thinking highly of me.

I actually have quite a bit of experience having several trade shows and countless consumer shows under my belt. I have made sales calls to Cabelas in Sydney. I've done videos, commercials, radio spots, and lots of seminars ( All Waterfowl related ) I have designed products even patented one. I say all this not to brag but to say I have no dillusions about the nature of the business. Besides, no need to fear the water if you're one of the sharks......lol

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Good luck buddy. I would take my a job I love in a heartbeat over a job that pays twice as much! I envy the position you are in, hope you get it!