Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Jesse's 2012 Trail Cam Thread...

JOHNROHIO

Participation Trophy Winner
That's a nice selection of bucks to choose from Jesse. Dozer looks to be a perfect old buck to target.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Great assortment of bucks with potential Jesse! Dozer is a deer with some age and would make a great starting point in the way of target deer. Thanks for sharing and Goodluck!

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Well, Captain Jack was kind enough to let me down, but also let me know where we stand with his rack. He grew a 3" G4 on his right side, then lost the G3 on the left and grew a small sticker on that monster G2 of his! He won't score for a damn other than a decent gross, but he's still a cool deer. He is using the core of our farm and I have 3 sets hung in his wheelhouse, two food plots that are soaking wet 3 days after planting, and some red oaks that will liter the edge of both plots with acorns. If he moves during the day this year, I'm better suited to kill him now than ever before...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345594477.078565.jpg

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
IMO, so far you are on the right track for making Dozer and CJ your top two target bucks. I'd certainly be happy with either one. Age,big frames and mass.......Fugg the nets!

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Here's a few of Jack from his last trip. I'll be pulling cams from 3 of the 4 places I will hunt this fall over the weekend, so I hope to have plenty more to share, even some hard horn pics!!!

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I'd shoulder mount him given our history, but he would make an awesome Euro!

Realistically, I don't expect to see him, let alone kill him. He's not staying on our farm or Hippie Ridge to the best of my knowledge. Even as a 2.5 and 3.5, I never laid eyes on him. The deer I actually expect to have a chance to kill out there this year won't show up until October if he's still alive and does what he did in 2010 and 2011. If he does show, I'll gladly whack him!!!

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Pretty solid pull this weekend and I'm excited to share my new #1 and #2 bucks on the hit list. But first, here are a few of the others from this weekend. This is my first set of velvet peel pictures in 8 years of running cams. Not the best, but at least I can tell his velvet is peeling!!!

This is the first pic of this shooter on a farm I probably won't hunt much this year. We have seen him a few times this summer and watched him last year as well. He has grab claws on the end of each main beam and a split G3 on his left side. Pretty solid deer we'd like to see make it another year, but I doubt he'll last that long with my cousin behind the bow!

This is a young deer I plan to keep tabs on over the years. We don't get main 1.5 year old deer with 8 point racks in my neck of the woods...

Heavy D found himself some bailing twine!!!

I also had some more pics of Brutus, but didn't bother to upload them. I had a few of Dozer as well, including this one that makes me reconsider shooting him. I'm not so sure what I think of this deer. Some days he makes me think he is on his way down hill, and others I think he's just 4 and needs one more year...

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Now for the two deer that really have me excited!!! This first deer only stepped in front of the camera for one picture and will be the hardest deer to kill on this farm based on where he is bedding. But he is my primary target for this fall and a deer I would LOVE to kill. I wish it was a better picture, but it is good enough to show me what I need to know. Gonna call him Ernest...

Now this deer on the other hand, is very killable. I know right where he is bedding and he is walking past one of my stands with regularity already. My cousin even saw him standing next to my ground blind at noon the other day. He's a solid deer I would be more than happy to kill. Still working on a name for this deer...